Battery Question

Asterix

Free Member
Is it better to have 2x 110ah or 1x 220ah? Just been looking at battery options and it's a bit cheaper to buy one but is there any advantage having two?
Thanks,Dave

Probably save on space if you can get the single battery in situ.For instance I put a single 220ah in my boat as a main battery as needed the extra amps and of course cheaper.In my motorhome I cant get that size in so choose 2 x 115 AH
Down to personal choice.

Probably save on space if you can get the single battery in situ.For instance I put a single 220ah in my boat as a main battery as needed the extra amps and of course cheaper.In my motorhome I cant get that size in so choose 2 x 115 AH
Down to personal choice.

Space isn't an issue,so I'm just looking at the pros and cons of 1 or 2 batts.

Yes looks like about £140 each but they will last

Has anyone bought,or know anyone else who has taken a punt on the Trojan equivalent, the,[Leoch 6v 230ah,semi traction],same weight,virtually same size,same warranty...near enough £30 a battery cheaper,does this mean they're ''rubbish'',really, or are they a good buy...
Toying with the idea.
Anyone know?

Is it better to have 2x 110ah or 1x 220ah? Just been looking at battery options and it's a bit cheaper to buy one but is there any advantage having two?
Thanks,Dave

2 batteries every time for me. With a 24v vehicle you may have a good reason
to have another 24v option. As in starting!

I`ve had 2 X 120ah Xplorer batteries from Alpha for over 12 months now and they are great.

I was in a position to collect from them so i bought them via their Ebay site rather than using the discount on here because it worked out cheaper.

The Ebay prices were lower than their own website and an extra 10% off for collection and they threw in 2 X Vent Kits as well.

Thanks all for the replies,part of the reason for asking was reading the "solar controller" thread,that got me thinking that for simplicity, efficiency and cost,a single battery may be better than two.
Ideally I'd like a load of solar and large bank of batteries but as I won't start earning until May next year I'm having to cut my budget...this self building malarky is costing more than I anticipated!

Whatever you are doing buy more than one battery because if one fails when away you can swap connectors and carry on with one,if buying 6v units it must be 4 in case same happens as there rigged in pairs.

Whether you have one battery or several, they are wired together, so as far as the van is concerned, they are one battery. Yes, you could have one bank in use and another for spare, but for good technical reasons that is a very stupid thing to do.

But if he had two connected and one failed then just move the jumper lead ,get you sorted until home.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back