Batteries.

tailgate

Free Member
Probably wrong place in the forum.
But any recommendations for a pair of 110ah batteries.

Tis

John

Try Alpha Batteries. Their pricing on Ebay can be cheaper than direct, as the WC discount has been reduced to 5%.
I just replaced my two 110ah batteries with two Explorer 130ah - a deal at £189.99. The new batteries are actually smaller than originals but slightly taller ,which worked fine in the storage locker.

Fit varta or bosch silver power frame battery which dont degrade within 5 years due to the silvering on the plate frames,just dont pull them down below about 70%.
These are used in start stop cars and will take a hammering,most so called les batterys are no more than rebadged standard car batterys,not all though.

Last edited:
Try Alpha Batteries. Their pricing on Ebay can be cheaper than direct, as the WC discount has been reduced to 5%.
I just replaced my two 110ah batteries with two Explorer 130ah - a deal at £189.99. The new batteries are actually smaller than originals but slightly taller ,which worked fine in the storage locker.
I got a couple of the same 130ah Explorers from Alpha a couple of years ago and I've been chuffed to bits with them. Same footprint as my previous 110s, which was a real bonus with locker size. I think I paid £88 each back then with our WC discount. I know there are some amazing batteries out there and I confess to drooling over the new lithium ones but they're a huge investment in one fell swoop. My instinct is to keep things simple and it's not too huge an outlay to replace them when necessary.

The Leoch tubular gels are supposed to be good, they have a reputed life cycle of 1-2000 recharges.

Bit on the expensive side though not as bad as Lithium.

Phill

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back