Batteries and electric hookups!

Thats the advantage of buying from halfrauds that they have many stores around the country :)
There trade cards are easily obtainable so you could get items even cheaper anywhere in the country had to get a new battery couple of years ago in devon another 20% off price i believe

Batteries when bought at the right time using relevant promo codes are not a lot of money in the scheme of things.

I normally change them irrespective of whether they are failing or not when their guarantee is up or very close to it.

The old ones normally then get weighed in at my local Recycling Lives centre where i have an account so the money just goes straight into my bank account and this offsets the price of the new ones.

We do a lot of very very remote wild camping when abroad and up in the Pyrenees or Rhone Alps so the last thing i want is the dreaded click,click,click when i come to start the engine when ready to move on.

Similarly the car does not do a lot of mileage ( been parked up since last saturday ) and that has just had a new one at 5 years old.

A Varta AGM, Stop Start battery bought through Ebay from one of the major battery retailers, i got 8 X Ebay/Nectar points, 20% off and free next day P&P.

The price to start with was very good anyway so the extra points and 20% off made it even better value.

A neighbour asked about the old Varta battery which after testing he bought off me for £40 which is more than i`d have got scrap so realistically the new one has cost very little indeed :)

Batteries when bought at the right time using relevant promo codes are not a lot of money in the scheme of things.

I normally change them irrespective of whether they are failing or not when their guarantee is up or very close to it.

The old ones normally then get weighed in at my local Recycling Lives centre where i have an account so the money just goes straight into my bank account and this offsets the price of the new ones.

We do a lot of very very remote wild camping when abroad and up in the Pyrenees or Rhone Alps so the last thing i want is the dreaded click,click,click when i come to start the engine when ready to move on.

Similarly the car does not do a lot of mileage ( been parked up since last saturday ) and that has just had a new one at 5 years old.

A Varta AGM, Stop Start battery bought through Ebay from one of the major battery retailers, i got 8 X Ebay/Nectar points, 20% off and free next day P&P.

The price to start with was very good anyway so the extra points and 20% off made it even better value.

A neighbour asked about the old Varta battery which after testing he bought off me for £40 which is more than i`d have got scrap so realistically the new one has cost very little indeed :)
Batteries can last a lot longer than their warranty period and you can get a little back when weighing in but it is a lot to stump up for and generally you get the warning signs for a failing battery - seems a waste of money but it is not mine and a personal choice which you are comfortable with - and as you say you cant go far wrong doing it that way for peace of mind

Been hunting round online today to try and find the best place locally to get new battery.

The Halfords site has a search facility to find the correct battery for your specific vehicle, but it's telling me they don't have a suitable battery for our van! :oops:

Trying other options/outlets, don't fancy the online delivery route as there seems to be bottle jams building up everywhere at the minute, or at least that's the perception I'm getting just now.

So, definitely needs to be a local outlet where I can go collect, but I'm starting to feel really jittery now.
I know the engine on our van wasn't 'standard' and parts difficult to get hold of, but a starter battery? Really?!
Seriously hope not or we really are well and truly stuffed...!!! 😵 :( 😥

post the measurements (L * W * H) and the position of the posts - which corner is +ve and which is -ve - and will identify a replacement.

Length 35cm
Height 19cm
Width 17cm

Front right corner -ve
Back right corner +ve

The existing battery is a Platinum Prestige??

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back