Barclaycard *******s

bazzybabes

Called in my local Mr Choudry off-licence last month to pick up my takeaway four-pack. Sorry, he said, you'll have to get cash out of the cash machine, as the card reader is broken.

There is NO CHARGE splattered all around.
Got my statement yesterday. £2.99 charge for £10 withdrawal plus 18p interest.

Rang Barclaycard today and it is correct. '2.99% interest on all cash withdrawals'. But, I said, you've charged me £2.99 and that's 30%.

Ah well, she said, £2.99 is the minimum charge! Bloody Hell.

'I will use my Halifax credit card in future and tear my Barclaycard up.' Hang on a minute, I'll get a manager.

I get the charge reversed but he is adamant that even Halifax charge for cash withdrawals, which they don't. He wouldn't budge. So I hung up. What cretins.

The lager's good though.

20180326_184146.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nowt 4 Nowt

In my experience, there's always a charge, up front or hidden. I'll not mention how Facebook make their pennies.

Oh! I said I wouldn't mention that, bu**er.
Dadad

Pair of scissors and cut up the card Baz
TBH I never use it for cash withdrawals . And it is good for Nectar points on purchases. Bit of a predicament. Pay it off in full at month end, of course.

Free cash machines at Aldi stores .... and cheap beer and wine .... not to mention Spirits. :bow:

I think you might misunderstand

A cash machine may be free but

If you are drawing cash off a credit card that is what you have been charged for ,,,there has been no charge for the machine, THe charges are purely from Barclaycard because you have drawn a few quid on your card

Channa

Not for credit cards....

Halifax will charge if you use their credit card to obtain cash.

Halifax - Internet Banking

Never had a Credit Card for over 30 years. I only had one back then for foreign purchases when travelling abroad. Back then it took weeks for purchases to work through the system and you scored on exchange rates. Oh how times have changed. :(

If ever I need cash in future, charge free, I'd better take my Revolut card then.

Never had a Credit Card for over 30 years. I only had one back then for foreign purchases when travelling abroad. Back then it took weeks for purchases to work through the system and you scored on exchange rates. Oh how times have changed. :(
I am not sure if it still holds true but you would get commercial exchange rate on credit cards not tourist nonsense (them mbala beads yet to be listed on the exchanges Jim :lol-053:)

Channa

To get cash with no charges you should use a debit card(in most cases), for purchases a credit card.

I thought all CREDIT cards charged for cash machine withdrawals and only some charge for DEBIT card withdrawals?

Not for credit cards....

Halifax will charge if you use their credit card to obtain cash.

I thought I was right in that there was no withdrawal fee with my Halifax Clarity card, only interest charge, so you pay it off immediately.

Attachments

• clarity.png
    clarity.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 77
I thought I was right in that there was no withdrawal fee with my Halifax Clarity card, only interest charge, so you pay it off immediately.

It says interest is charged FROM THE DAY THE CASH IS WITHDRAWN.

You will get your bill anything up to 30 days later and it will include an interest charge for the cash you've taken out. You CAN NOT avoid this buy paying off the bill as soon as you get it.

That period where card purchases can be obtained interest free by paying off your bill in full is possible because the card issuer charges the retailer that sold you the items. If you are withdrawing cash, the card issuer isn't getting paid anything.

It says interest is charged FROM THE DAY THE CASH IS WITHDRAWN.

You will get your bill anything up to 30 days later and it will include an interest charge for the cash you've taken out. You CAN NOT avoid this buy paying off the bill as soon as you get it.

That period where card purchases can be obtained interest free by paying off your bill in full is possible because the card issuer charges the retailer that sold you the items. If you are withdrawing cash, the card issuer isn't getting paid anything.

But st3v3, you said:

Halifax will charge if you use their credit card to obtain cash. Cash transaction fee (any currency) 3% of Sterling value (min £3).

And I said:

Halifax Clarity doesn't charge a transaction fee, only interest on the amount withdrawn.

You appear to be motioning your personal transportation device in a rear-ward direction.

The bottom line is it's not free of penalty cash which you now seem to understand. So, you're welcome lol.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back