Barcelona Escape

Rapido9

Have to escape the present weather, so depressing! Planning to get down to Barcelona soonest. I would be very grateful if anyone on the forum can suggest a suitable route for me. The perfect route would include mostly toll free motorways, I would be happy to pay some tolls around towns or where doing so would save time / mileage. A detailed route would be most welcome! I have tried Viamichelin but with the toll free option applied it only give me a route of ‘D’ roads only which is not what I need. The info could be useful to lots of newbies.

Many thanks in advance.

Not sure about best route as we are always meandering about but the A75 from Clemont Ferrand to Beziers is a long stretch of toll free motorway standard road that will see off most of Southern France. Also benefit of crossing Millau Bridge , small toll there I think. Brings you down nicely into North East Spain and warmer temperatures. It is quite high so not sure about snow chains.
I am sure others will be along shortly with more info.

I just just program in Barcelona on the sat nav set on fastest route with a filter to avoid tolls and it will use motorways but direct you off just before a toll booth.
Maybe missing something here but , surely , if you divert off a toll road you still go through a toll booth ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back