Backwards is just not my thing

Cass

So I have now decided that I am going to have some reversing sensors fitted as going backwards isnt really my thing

Attachments

• IMG_20190225_132008.jpg
    IMG_20190225_132008.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG-20190218-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20190218-WA0000.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20190225_131959.jpg
    IMG_20190225_131959.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 236
Bugger :(

Its not nice when you crunch something on the motorhome.
My wife had her new car less than a week, when she reversed into the motorhome.
She caught the corner of my plastic bumper and scraped it, her plastic wing got pushed in.
I was not happy. :(

Bugger :(

Its not nice when you crunch something on the motorhome.
My wife had her new car less than a week, when she reversed into the motorhome.
She caught the corner of my plastic bumper and scraped it, her plastic wing got pushed in.
I was not happy. :(

Im just glad ive got a tow bar, that has saved me no end of times when theres been a bit of a banking, im too bad in the car :D

AW motorhome bumper canvey island sorted out the front of mine when I made a mess at Hereford new year meet

if you ever use your towbar , a camera would be better than sensors i reckon

Reversing cameras are the thing. One looking back and one looking down. Then you can keep an eye on your tow bar.

DSC03527.jpg

Cheers

H

So I have now decided that I am going to have some reversing sensors fitted as going backwards isnt really my thing

Reminds me of 3 years ago when on Skye. Reversing my Swift C class and heard an almighty crash, fearing the worst I went to look and found I had reversed into and knocked over a large wooden picnic table ! Fortunately not a scratch on the motorhome.
First job on returning home was fitting reverse sensors.
Presently in the process of looking for a new A or C class and won’t be buying one unless it has a rear camera system fitted.

You need a person to watch your rear when you are reversing

100% agree, small children have a habit of appearing from a blind spot when you only use cameras.
A German once reversed into my motorcycle because he didn't notice it on his rear view camera.
His wife was sat in the passenger seat, if she had observed the bike would not have been hit.

Be a brave person to stand behind me :D

They don't stand behind the van, they stand where you can see them in the driver's mirror.

May I also suggest you get one of these, you can't be too safe.
REVERSING REVERSE BEEP SIREN ALARM LIGHT BULB: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Ouch that was a little harsh anyone can have the odd mishap😀

I’ve had 2 one in Scotland Admin and my other half fixed between them and one in Devon where I went to AW bumpers on Canvey Island they rebuilt and fixed my rear bumper and made a complete new rear sideskirt £350 inc labour I was well chuffed I’d had s quote at a commercial motorhome sales and repair which was £800 to £1000 so I was indeed pleased and their work is first class.

100% agree, small children have a habit of appearing from a blind spot when you only use cameras.
A German once reversed into my motorcycle because he didn't notice it on his rear view camera.
His wife was sat in the passenger seat, if she had observed the bike would not have been hit.

They don't stand behind the van, they stand where you can see them in the driver's mirror.

May I also suggest you get one of these, you can't be too safe.
REVERSING REVERSE BEEP SIREN ALARM LIGHT BULB: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Wow I’m ordering one of those if only to annoy campers when I reverse off a field at 4 am 😂😂😂

I hate reversing. In a carpark in dymchurch, nearly reversed into a telegraph pole, thoughtfully positioned in the junction of the carpark. Was completely central on van and not visible in either mirror. And no, didn't notice it when I came in...another entrance! Luckily someone saw and thumped on the van so stopped about an inch away! Had sensors on next van!

I’ve had 2 one in Scotland Admin and my other half fixed between them and one in Devon where I went to AW bumpers on Canvey Island they rebuilt and fixed my rear bumper and made a complete new rear sideskirt £350 inc labour I was well chuffed I’d had s quote at a commercial motorhome sales and repair which was £800 to £1000 so I was indeed pleased and their work is first class.

Ive had 3 that ive had to admit to, the last one was last week in Scotland, when I got home I just parked it on the drive hoping he wouldnt notice, I think it was the tape that gave it away

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back