Back on the road !

Belgian

Got the 5th gear busted end june. After more than 2 months finally got a swap-gearbox fixed. Back on the road again :). Now I have another problem: a hole in the wallet. :mad: But: we shall overcome.....
Only the summermonths went trough the drain; but this was a minor loss considering the weather.:eek:
Not the long trip towards Scandinavia as planned but a few shorter ones: the Mosel-valley, Alsace.... we'll see :confused::):D

Good on you Leo. :rolleyes: Really glad you've got it back now! :cool: :cool: So now go out and enjoy it, ;) but find some sun first!! :D :D :D JIM.

Great news , Leo, I,m so pleased for you, can't imagine how I'd feel without my van for so long.:)

Glad you are on the road again :D Not much of a summer hear though:eek:

Good news Leo, can't believe how long it has taken!!
AS a recognized (not out of the ordinary) fault you would have thought that ample supply of the spares would be available at ALL TIMES including throughout the European shut down:(
:cool:

You silly boy! You should know better than that. Poor Leo is only a customer and doesn't count for anything these days.
Service? that's a dirty word now

Glad you're back on the Road again though :D

Hi all, thanks for the respons :)
Yes, it was a too long way to go. My garagist took more than 1 1/2 month searching for spares ! Unbelievabel. :confused: These gearboxes are more than 20 years in production for fiat, citroën, puegeot and talbot.(thousands if not millions on the road) Originally it is a 4 gear box on which they added a 5th on such a clumsy way that they are not lubricated enough. That many went bust; they simply don't have these 2 cog-wheels. You have to get a complete gearbox; which are scarcely found. Scrap-boxes have all the same default.
It seems they exported everything to Africa ? :eek:
Finally a swap-box costed me more than 2200 € ! :mad:
If you have trouble with the 5th on these gearboxes I can only advice: leave the 5th out and go on with 4. OK on high speed your fuelconsumption goes up then :eek:
But we have our freedom back and are on the road again, and that is what matters :cool:

Hi all, thanks for the respons :)
Finally a swap-box costed me more than 2200 € ! :mad:
If you have trouble with the 5th on these gearboxes I can only advice: leave the 5th out and go on with 4. OK on high speed your fuelconsumption goes up then :eek:
But we have our freedom back and are on the road again, and that is what matters :cool:
Thats a lot of money:eek:I hope the mechanic at the garage has done a good job Leo, your van will be nice to drive now.:)
The new gearbox will have a guarantee so that is a good thing mate.:D

you must be very happy to be mobile again i hope your van stays reliable
may be your next trip will be to africa you could bring home all the spares that belgium dont have and sell them at a good profit to pay for the expensive repairs

you must be very happy to be mobile again i hope your van stays reliable
may be your next trip will be to africa you could bring home all the spares that belgium dont have and sell them at a good profit to pay for the expensive repairs

Good idea: could sell them on the BLACK market :confused::D:eek::D

i could add many puns on this but i think i had better keep quiet
big brother or sister is watching!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back