Back in the game :)

We are on our 3rd auto sleeper the older ones are a much better build quality than the newer ones

Very true. It's the monocoque body shell that makes all the difference. They were very expensive to make at the time and I understand that's one of the reasons why Autosleeper stopped making the bodies that way. They will outlast the engine and chassis by hundreds of years (unfortunately!) 😁

Very true. It's the monocoque body shell that makes all the difference. They were very expensive to make at the time and I understand that's one of the reasons why Autosleeper stopped making the bodies that way. They will outlast the engine and chassis by hundreds of years (unfortunately!) 😁
What a handsome van! All the best with it :)

Monocoque is always best - for goodness sake how many coques do you want?

Did you ever find out whether you could shift the body onto another chassis. Seem to remember you talked about it when you had the other van.

Did you ever find out whether you could shift the body onto another chassis. Seem to remember you talked about it when you had the other van.

Yes, we looked into it with the old van and it is do-able, Sue, but for us just now it's not worth the hassle and expense.
Also finding someone who is even capable of undertaking such a job would be diffiicult.

This one has done 70k miles, which is not a lot for 2.5 diesel engine. Plus the amount of miles we will be doing per year she should hopefully last us a good while - and it should also trade/sell easily if we want to eventually swap for a Mirage down the line.

Come on Marie, don't keep us in suspenders, how was the MH, where did you go, does everything work as it should, are you tickled pink with it?
Certainly a good time to test out the heating anyway!

No point taking a mold of my bod, Ral, its missing a bit! 😉 😆 😁

Here you go Trev. now you can complete the mold.
1579817071112.png

OK, here goes with some pics! No surprise to anyone who knows us that we've decided to go for something we know a little bit about already, so this is very much a case of the devil we know.

Just need to sort insurance & tax before we go back to pick it up next Saturday.

It's an Autosleeper Executive, much younger than our other old Autosleeper and a little bit bigger - also in way better nick!!!
I have been getting increasingly impatient about not having a van and it means we are now back on the road with no steep learning curve of a completely different type of van to get our heads around.

It's a good little van and is just what it is. All original, never been mucked about with. Very genuine sellers, well looked after and - amazingly! - has all the original manuals. Was a good price too. I was quick off the mark this time. There was no mention anywhere in the advert that it was an Autosleeper and so we somehow managed to be the first to view.

Will definitely keep us going until a nice Autosleeper Mirage maybe pops up in future. The Mirage was my top-of-the-list replacement choice, but unfortunately I missed 2 very good ones that came up for sale last year - they sold almost immediately and, sadly, I couldn't act fast at the time.

... and after that typically long-winded pre-amble from the Waffly Goose, here she is...! 😉

View attachment 75621

View attachment 75622

View attachment 75623

View attachment 75624

View attachment 75625

View attachment 75626

View attachment 75627
Well that’s a bit posh...😘

The good weather will be here soon to get we things sorted to your liking.
Maybe some nice home made jelly in hot weather,these are nice molds.

Attachments

• jelly mould.png
    jelly mould.png
    188 KB · Views: 82
Come on Marie, don't keep us in suspenders, how was the MH, where did you go, does everything work as it should, are you tickled pink with it?
Certainly a good time to test out the heating anyway!

We've spent the last week on and off cleaning her properly and figuring out how everything works.
Took her to our local diesel garage this morning for a full service, we've used them a lot in the past and they are always dead busy.

Rang and booked it in last Monday, but told them this morning when we dropped to off that we weren't in a rush - fatal thing to do!
😟😢

They were stowed out with vehicles waiting to be attended to when we got there, so don't think we will get her back until beginning of next week. Its not a problem though as I'm preoccupied with other stuff just now and we won't be able to trot off anywhere in her for at least the next couple of weeks.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back