Back again!

iampatman

Hi everybody,

I used to be a member on here a few years ago. At that time my wife and I would travel around Europe for 9/10 months of the year in a Lunar Premier and spend a couple of months in the summer in the UK. The decision to leave the EU stopped that and so we decided to sell the motorhome and settle down in Spain and as we no longer had a van I left the forum.

We still missed the travelling life and so I kept an eye out for a replacement van but prices of second hand vans were crazy over here and so we pretty much gave up on the idea.

Sadly my wife died last year after a long illness and I’ve been getting into a bit of a rut out here ever since.

Anyway, last week I spotted a 1984 Westfalia Joker T25, L/H drive with only 50,000m on the clock for sale in the UK. So I’m flying over to pick it up at the end of the month and bringing it back to Spain and I’ll then put it onto Spanish plates.

I’ll join as a full member so I can access the POI’s and I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions for folk until I get back into the swing of things. Just a couple to start with, does anybody know if the Nailbox pub in Folkestone still allows motorhomes to stop overnight? And if anyone can recommend a site/forum for old VW’s that will probably be helpful.

Apart from that I’m looking forward to chatting with old friends (I see there are still a few names I recognise) and making some new ones.

Pat

Strangely only yesterday I was wondering where you were and I found one of your old posts, clicked on your Avatar and saw that your last visit to the site was something like September 2021. So, it looks like your membership was never actually deleted. Also you still show as a full member.

Very sorry to hear of your loss very sad times indeed.

Really glad you are back, I always enjoyed your posts.

Strangely only yesterday I was wondering where you were and I found one of your old posts, clicked on your Avatar and saw that your last visit to the site was something like September 2021. So, it looks like your membership was never actually deleted. Also you still show as a full member.

Very sorry to hear of your loss very sad times indeed.

Really glad you are back, I always enjoyed your posts.
Thanks Rob, yes I explained to Phil why I was leaving a few years ago and when I went to rejoin today discovered that I was still a full member which was nice.

I don't know what I'd do about the van if Liz popped her clogs, I have tried solo trips but I'm not gregarious enough to enjoy it, I don't mind talking to people I just have zero small talk and I find it boring, I do enjoy the van but mainly the driving part really, so I'd probably just sell it

Well hello. The only people apart from us who had a Lunar Premier. I'm really sorry to hear of your loss but you must have so many happy memories to treasure.

We're now sitting in a Bailey, in the rain, in Rye at a Motorhomer rally.

Good to "see" you again.

Well hello. The only people apart from us who had a Lunar Premier. I'm really sorry to hear of your loss but you must have so many happy memories to treasure.

We're now sitting in a Bailey, in the rain, in Rye at a Motorhomer rally.

Good to "see" you again.
You can send some of that rain over here Sharon please. Can’t remember when it last rained here and the daytime temperature hasn’t dropped below 35 deg for three weeks with high humidity. One of the reasons I’m buying another van is so I can escape the heat next summer, Galicia I’m thinking.

Pat

I don't know what I'd do about the van if Liz popped her clogs, I have tried solo trips but I'm not gregarious enough to enjoy it, I don't mind talking to people I just have zero small talk and I find it boring, I do enjoy the van but mainly the driving part really, so I'd probably just sell it
Dont be silly as ypu would mis me on here . :unsure: 😂

You can send some of that rain over here Sharon please. Can’t remember when it last rained here and the daytime temperature hasn’t dropped below 35 deg for three weeks with high humidity. One of the reasons I’m buying another van is so I can escape the heat next summer, Galicia I’m thinking.

Pat
I had to Google Galicia.😼
I look forward to hearing about your travels again.

Hi everybody,

I used to be a member on here a few years ago. At that time my wife and I would travel around Europe for 9/10 months of the year in a Lunar Premier and spend a couple of months in the summer in the UK. The decision to leave the EU stopped that and so we decided to sell the motorhome and settle down in Spain and as we no longer had a van I left the forum.

We still missed the travelling life and so I kept an eye out for a replacement van but prices of second hand vans were crazy over here and so we pretty much gave up on the idea.

Sadly my wife died last year after a long illness and I’ve been getting into a bit of a rut out here ever since.

Anyway, last week I spotted a 1984 Westfalia Joker T25, L/H drive with only 50,000m on the clock for sale in the UK. So I’m flying over to pick it up at the end of the month and bringing it back to Spain and I’ll then put it onto Spanish plates.

I’ll join as a full member so I can access the POI’s and I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions for folk until I get back into the swing of things. Just a couple to start with, does anybody know if the Nailbox pub in Folkestone still allows motorhomes to stop overnight? And if anyone can recommend a site/forum for old VW’s that will probably be helpful.

Apart from that I’m looking forward to chatting with old friends (I see there are still a few names I recognise) and making some new ones.

Pat
Welcome back :)

Ref "if anyone can recommend a site/forum for old VW’s that will probably be helpful", you could have a look at www.vwt4forum.co.uk. Despite the name, there are T3/25 Owners on there as well as T5s, T6s and LT/Crafters. Some very helpful folk on there and a few traders also which may be able to helo with parts.

Also, depending how long you are in the UK after picking up the Camper, you could also pay a visit to the BusFest Festival starting on the 2nd weekend of September. Good chance to get anything you may need for the Joker. Check out https://www.busfest.org/busfest/

Last edited:
Hi pat.was thinking about you a few weeks back ay mailleraye think that was where I last saw you
very very sorry to hear about your loss mate but great you've still got full membership and very kind of admin again shows what a big heart he has
hope all goes well with the new van and hope to cross paths maybe france. Or Spain later or next year
take care and look after yersell pat
fiona and Gordon

Welcome back sorry for your loss can’t help about the pub in Folkestone but when we go there which is a few times a year we stop on the Warren C&CC as the views are fab and it’s a small quiet site.

Pat
Welcome back and sorry to hear your other news.

Great idea going North for summer. We are currently in Asturias temperatures today 20 to 25 degrees. Oh and its just started raining

Welcome back and sorry to hear your other news.

Great idea going North for summer. We are currently in Asturias temperatures today 20 to 25 degrees. Oh and its just started raining
I was talking to a couple of Spanish friends at lunchtime and they recommended Asturias rather than Galicia. We were there in 2016, stopped in Leon and Cangas de Onis, also drove up to the lake in the Picos National Park. Happy days.

There are a lot of nice places to stop. We are currently on a slow path to Foz and maybe down the West Coast after that. Have enjoyed Potes ,there's a newish aire close to town , Elorrio and Pamplona plus others I have forgotten . Temperatures mainly below 30 degrees.

I was talking to a couple of Spanish friends at lunchtime and they recommended Asturias rather than Galicia. We were there in 2016, stopped in Leon and Cangas de Onis, also drove up to the lake in the Picos National Park. Happy days.
Think the lake was probably Riano ? We were there 2 days ago and the Lake is practically empty due to lack of Rain . Stopped at Marana , great place for walking in stunning scenery .

Welcome back Pat. Sorry to hear that your dear wife is no longer with you. I remember meeting you both at the pub in Lancashire that Channa arranged and then at Upton I think it was. Did your MH have paintings of sand dunes and camels that were painted in Morocco? The tales of your adventures enthralled Izzy & I, we were quite envious of your experiences.
Been racking my brain to remember your dear wife's name, for some reason Phil [Phyllis?] keeps creeping in. Apologies if that is wrong.

Anyway, all the best to you.

Welcome back Pat. Sorry to hear that your dear wife is no longer with you. I remember meeting you both at the pub in Lancashire that Channa arranged and then at Upton I think it was. Did your MH have paintings of sand dunes and camels that were painted in Morocco? The tales of your adventures enthralled Izzy & I, we were quite envious of your experiences.
Been racking my brain to remember your dear wife's name, for some reason Phil [Phyllis?] keeps creeping in. Apologies if that is wrong.

Anyway, all the best to you.
Yes, I remember the couple of times we met, both different and both good fun. I remember scrubbing the barbecue in Lancashire! The van did have sand dunes/palm trees/ camels etc on the side mirrors, a guy on a campsite in Morocco painted them. You have a good memory - Phil (Philomena). I doubt I’ll be going anywhere as exotic as Morocco again but I can explore more of Spain and, who knows? I might even get across to Greece again. It’s good to hear from you and thank you for your kind words.

Pat

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back