B&S generator on offer

No it won’t if like me you dose your fuel with an additive.
I have seen that adverse how long can you keep the fuel for or how long will it keep for? I usually drain the fuel off or run dry on my welder gen set when not in use for a long period of time same with my bikes.

I only have one solar panel and live in Scotland with winter approaching so not much sun , If I add another panel then i shall probably have to upgrade the controller as well so when the van goes so does the panel and controller.
Everyone's needs are different and i cant get much further south without getting wet - a lot more sun probably as well - just got to do what is right for you

I have seen that adverse how long can you keep the fuel for or how long will it keep for? I usually drain the fuel off or run dry on my welder gen set when not in use for a long period of time same with my bikes.
I’ve had fuel in my EU10i that I carry in the motorhome for months over the summer when I don’t use it and it always starts after 2/3 pulls.
I now add it to all the fuel that I store in the garage regardless of what its going to be used in, lawnmower, chainsaws, hedge trimmer, 2 further Honda generators I have and all start without any problems.
Without looking at the info about the additive I recall it states it protects the fuel for up to 3 years, mine never lasts that long.

Yes we additives in boat fuel, otherwise i get lots of work fixing carbs, maybe a should keep QT.

I use Fuel Fit in my outboard on the boat and always use premium grade petrol.

Always runs like a dream.

I use Fuel Fit in my outboard on the boat and always use premium grade petrol.

Always runs like a dream.
If its a old stroker then using a high octane is just wasting money as only for high performance 4 strokes, best advice is run the carb dry after each use.

If its a old stroker then using a high octane is just wasting money as only for high performance 4 strokes, best advice is run the carb dry after each use.

It's a fairly new 4 stroke Honda Trev.

I was advised by my mechanic to use premium petrol and as I say, it runs like a dream.

It's a fairly new 4 stroke Honda Trev.

I was advised by my mechanic to use premium petrol and as I say, it runs like a dream.
Realy only for high compression tuned engines,gens are low comp light tune engines which will run on cr-p fuel below what we sell here.

There is a free one mounted on my engine with a big black belt driving it. ;)
This has a black belt on it as well but not sure if its big enough to power the microwave.
20201022_112906.jpg

Realy only for high compression tuned engines,gens are low comp light tune engines which will run on cr-p fuel below what we sell here.
No the difference is the super might be higher octane,BUT it has not got the £$%^ ethanol or so much in it and doesn't go off in a few weeks to being a sludgy mess in the carb and it does lose the volatiles so quickly , it might start after a few months but the other stuff becomes semi inert in a very short period

Well I ordered mine 14th October it went out for delivery from Hermes Liverpool 19th October at 07.30 and disappeared I’ve had to wait until today to ask for a replacement which is being sent by a different carrier so fingers crossed should be here this Friday. should be a cheap generator for sale in the liverpool area

No the difference is the super might be higher octane,BUT it has not got the £$%^ ethanol or so much in it and doesn't go off in a few weeks to being a sludgy mess in the carb and it does lose the volatiles so quickly , it might start after a few months but the other stuff becomes semi inert in a very short period
No dif in fuel except the high octane boosters at the refinery.
petrol.png

Yes I know about the knock values but as I said the higher grades tend not to contain the ethanol , which is the water collecting chemical in the mix, the longer it is there the more it gathers water which rots the steel tanks of bikes, an the ethanol rots the polyester resin in glass reinforced tanks. Altogether it is a lousy fuel for older vehicles, the tetra ethyl lead used to lubricate valves but now they need hardened seats an faces to survive. Alcohol based additives are very evaporative an the leftovers are the gums in carbs, I am fed up cleaning those out. My chainsaws get drained every session as without putting fresh fuel in they are bastards to start again. AVGAS will last safely for years in sealed drums.

Avgas also gathers water over a period of time, when i used to race we used 50/50 mix with Shell which had the higher octane rating. At the TT one year several people were having problems turned out the avgas that was being sold at Jurby was from an old batch stored in 45 gallon drums.

Well still no generator originally order on 14th that one got lost by Hermes Liverpool then 2nd one sent out 30th again lost by Hermes so my 3rd one is due for delivery 10th nov that’s if Hermes don’t get their hands on it lol

Well still no generator originally order on 14th that one got lost by Hermes Liverpool then 2nd one sent out 30th again lost by Hermes so my 3rd one is due for delivery 10th nov that’s if Hermes don’t get their hands on it lol
I’ve had to wait until today to ask for a replacement which is being sent by a different carrier
Well thats bad service after saying they'd use another courier Amazon have always been prompt with delivery's when ever I've used them and UPS or DPD never Hermes but I see now they got their own vans around here now

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back