Ayr motorhome parking

So what do you suggest a racing track were they can drive about like idiots.
Theres a massive difference between children playing with a ball, and young ADULTS driving powerful cars like idiots without any concern for anyone else. Also kids don’t tend to play football into the early hours.
Each and every day people are killed on our roads, and a high percentage of those are young adults.
Yes kids are our future, but most of them don’t drive don’t drive about public roads as if they were racing tracks, and because they are our future does not excuse dangerous anti social behaviour.
Sadly I witnessed the result of such stupidity to many times, and even sadder some who had done nothing wrong other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time who paid the ultimate price.
Later reply but I've been in Europe enjoying motorbike racing & also some marvellous meetings for "Petrol Heads" provided by local departments with safety & enjoyment as priorities, usually a few miles away from residential areas & welcomed by those in closer proximity. First Aid & policing is all included, a pleasent drive to & from, camping if required & all for a very small fee of @ €12 per car Inc. camping. Many have been going on for decades that I know of & welcome all sorts of vehicles, even those with lakes & jetski facilities but woe betide anyone who is caught breaking laws on the roads in & around these events... some have had their cars & bikes confiscated with seveve fines, bans & imprisonment possible.
These local meets were set up to take the crazyness off the roads & contain the noises where they least offend the general public. The UK could implement something like this if every Tom, Dick & Harriet were not sticking their noses in the moneymaking pot & driving up the cost. I have one friend, a policeman in N. Ireland who regularly volunteers at these events & includes it in his holidays with his sister (a nurse ret.) & her husband (a firefighter ret.), so why not try it out?
If it is abused, punish the buggers & thank you for your realisation... a club racing track is exactly the correct place whereby the young ( & older) enthusiastic adults can have their " meet" & hopefully stay within the boundaries of the law & keeps the streets safer.
The morons will soon be caught or stop going, even to the point of having such an event stopped....
... just as the imbeciles did to Wild Camping along the eastern shore of Loch Lomond.
Is it worth a try?????

Later reply but I've been in Europe enjoying motorbike racing & also some marvellous meetings for "Petrol Heads" provided by local departments with safety & enjoyment as priorities, usually a few miles away from residential areas & welcomed by those in closer proximity. First Aid & policing is all included, a pleasent drive to & from, camping if required & all for a very small fee of @ €12 per car Inc. camping. Many have been going on for decades that I know of & welcome all sorts of vehicles, even those with lakes & jetski facilities but woe betide anyone who is caught breaking laws on the roads in & around these events... some have had their cars & bikes confiscated with seveve fines, bans & imprisonment possible.
These local meets were set up to take the crazyness off the roads & contain the noises where they least offend the general public. The UK could implement something like this if every Tom, Dick & Harriet were not sticking their noses in the moneymaking pot & driving up the cost. I have one friend, a policeman in N. Ireland who regularly volunteers at these events & includes it in his holidays with his sister (a nurse ret.) & her husband (a firefighter ret.), so why not try it out?
If it is abused, punish the buggers & thank you for your realisation... a club racing track is exactly the correct place whereby the young ( & older) enthusiastic adults can have their " meet" & hopefully stay within the boundaries of the law & keeps the streets safer.
The morons will soon be caught or stop going, even to the point of having such an event stopped....
... just as the imbeciles did to Wild Camping along the eastern shore of Loch Lomond.
Is it worth a try?????
Crail in Fife have exactly what you describe with Scotlands only 1/4mile drag strip and regular events but it’s not open on a Friday and Saturday night when you’ve finished work after a hard week and want to enjoy and share your hobby/ pastime with like minded friends. These car enthusiasts have no where to go.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back