Awning

Think they are pretty much the same. They both seem to have slots for fitting screens etc. Its a case of what fits. We have a Laika and there is a special bracket ( Fiamma ) for the roof that fits over the joining rail on the top. Met a guy the other day with an Elddis Caravan he wanted an awning like so many of the foreign vans have. Elddis tould him it was not possible and the Dealer said it would probably pull the side off. You would not believe how much strain it puts on the brackets when the awning is out before you get the legs down. You also need to make sure the vehicle is designed for one.

Hi, I prefer Thule (formerly Omnistor) I find the winding handle setup easier to use and depending which model you go for doesn't need a tension rafter.

QFour - that's a good point you've raised. When we use ours always support it and walk it out while my wife unwinds it. You can hold it with one hand and drop the legs with the other (assuming you have 2 hands)

Hi can anybody tell which is the best awning Thule or Fimma Awning

If you are buying either make of awning, don't forget we get 10% discount from Johns Cross. They were the cheapest online to start with, but with the 10% discount added I saved about £300 in total over the next cheapest supplier when I bought a 5.5metre Fiamma awning a few months ago.

I don't know if one brand is better than the other, but the Fiamma was a like for like replacement, and I was amazed that even when spending £900 on a new one, it was cheaper to replace my old awning than to get it repaired.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back