Awning hold me down plates.

Scotia

Liam my youngest has just made a batch of plates to fit over the awning poles and give more stability to help prevent the awning lifting due to a gust of wind. These have been on test the past couple of weeks and all good so far. Made from 4mm dural £20 for 2 plates delivered within the UK. So thats £20 less from bank of mum and dad, if he can sell enough we can stay in France for another month.😉
20230712_214426.jpg
IMG-20230713-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20230713-WA0002.jpg

I have something similar and use them all the time. To be recommended (y)

On behalf of potential purchasers: Can I ask the diameter of the drill holes for the pegs? Will they take a sturdier peg (ie a rock peg) than the bog standard thin tent eg with the curved head, as they are fairly useless.

I got the First Test set work a treat. I’ve got the heavier pegs from Aldi the ones with the orange plastic curvy bit. I’ll post a photo later.

I have something similar and use them all the time. To be recommended (y)

On behalf of potential purchasers: Can I ask the diameter of the drill holes for the pegs? Will they take a sturdier peg (ie a rock peg) than the bog standard thin tent eg with the curved head, as they are fairly useless.
8 mm hole but can be punched to which ever dia you wish.

Best to put a big boulder/bricks/water container on each plate which will stop wind lifting them, they look the job for that.

I used a dog running line which is basically steel wire covered in a plastic sheath. 2 big spikes (made from angle iron knocked in at an angle) completed the job.

The two fat ladies squashed the Pole Dancers and the Warsaw Government is launching an investigation ...

And we all know what the Poles are doing in Putin's Russia

Holding up the telephone cables, same as everywhere else ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve
Ah but the Ukranins would use a baractor/ ukraine for bracket to hold the urks/supports in place.

Email sent, I may machine the holes to take larger square pegs we’ll see.

But they will also go through my existing square stage weights (can’t use pegs in a pit area) and not lift.

Email sent, I may machine the holes to take larger square pegs we’ll see.

But they will also go through my existing square stage weights (can’t use pegs in a pit area) and not lift.
I have seen them with water barrels on the plates, just require to drink a lot of beer to get water LOL.

I have seen them with water barrels on the plates, just require to drink a lot of beer to get water LOL.
We used to use water barrels but guess what? It’s frowned upon now days as the water gets thrown away and that’s not environmentally friendly (I know the irony of it, as many as 200 cars from different classes racing all weekend, fuel, tyres, travel etc) Burger vans, fans throwing litter everywhere, helicopters etc, oh and the circuit owners water bills….

Sand bags could be used, but where to keep them is another story, weight springs to mind.

We’ll the wind was up most of the day here at Donington Park yesterday and worse during the night, woke about 06:20 and the plates had kept the awning in place no bother.

Back