Avtex TV remote not working

Caz

Remote wouldn't work so replaced batteries. It worked enough for me to watch a DVD but now it won't work again. How can I get it to eject the DVD? Please can anyone help?

There is usually an eject button somewhere, on the device.

Check out the manual or post the make and model.

Or, if your memory is like mine, just wait a couple of days and watch the DVD again.
You will have forgotten that you've already watched it. :)

Remote wouldn't work so replaced batteries. It worked enough for me to watch a DVD but now it won't work again. How can I get it to eject the DVD? Please can anyone help?
A pin or small unfurled paper clip should be capable of being inserted into the small hole on the face of the insert/reject tray for just such an eventuality, Caz. Or, you might find that there is a small 'fingerprint' on the rh side of the tray that you can push gently to release the catch mechanism

Steve

A little tip to check to see if your remote is working and if there are any buttons not working ... start the phone camera and look at the end of the remote through the phone screen.... you will see a red flashing light when you press the various remote buttons.
that will help tell you if any particular button (e.g. the "Eject" button) is working or not.

One thought. Do you have to select the "DVD"source for all the DVD remote buttons to work?

I had problems with my remote on my previous avtex tv. I phoned them and they sent me a replacement free of charge, even though it was out of warranty. I suspect there’s an issue with some older remotes.

I had problems with my remote on my previous avtex tv. I phoned them and they sent me a replacement free of charge, even though it was out of warranty. I suspect there’s an issue with some older remotes.
You were lucky my remote broke whilst it is still in warranty but because I cannot find the receipt they want £38 for a new remote,
So for now I am just using the buttons on the rear to operate it

This was about three years ago.

You can get all of their remotes on eBay for £13-15.
here’s a link, but there are many others on offer.

Thanks for the replies.

None of the buttons seem to be working at all even though it worked enough after the new batteries went in to set it going and watch it, even with a pause part way through for a couple of hours then restart fine. But by the end of it, all the buttons had stopped working. I've searched all over it and found some buttons but none of them is eject.

I'll have another go at it and try some of the ideas above, now I'm back home.

Thanks for the replies.

None of the buttons seem to be working at all even though it worked enough after the new batteries went in to set it going and watch it, even with a pause part way through for a couple of hours then restart fine. But by the end of it, all the buttons had stopped working. I've searched all over it and found some buttons but none of them is eject.

have the batteries ever leaked? You might find there is some rust on one or more of the battery springs which is stopping the battery pack making a connection?
have a look and maybe get an emery board and rub it on the ends of the springs to give them a bit of a clean.

Thanks for the replies.

You don't say which model you have. On some, the channel - and + buttons serve as Eject and Play/Pause if source is set to DVD.

have the batteries ever leaked? You might find there is some rust on one or more of the battery springs which is stopping the battery pack making a connection?
have a look and maybe get an emery board and rub it on the ends of the springs to give them a bit of a clean.
The old ones I took out were a bit blown, can't remember when I used it last. I did clean it up but will check.
You don't say which model you have. On some, the channel - and + buttons serve as Eject and Play/Pause if source is set to DVD.
No idea, it says Avtex on the front is all I know.

The old ones I took out were a bit blown, can't remember when I used it last. I did clean it up but will check.

No idea, it says Avtex on the front is all I know.
It will have a label on the back with the model number

It will have a label on the back with the model number
Mine has a barcode on the back with the corresponding alphanumeric code below it; this incorporates the model number. I suspect that any other label is concealed behind the mounting bracket.

Mine has a barcode on the back with the corresponding alphanumeric code below it; this incorporates the model number. I suspect that any other label is concealed behind the mounting bracket.
You are correct I have just looked at the back of mine and the label with the model number is behind the mounting bracket

Thanks for the replies.

copy film to mem stick use that to check remote fire at camera a flash of light should come on check battery conactst

Yes they have a great after sales service my remote was replaced free of charge always worth contacting them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back