Avtex TV not connected to phone hotspot

V1nny

I’ve just bought an Avtex TV. The model is a 249DSFVP-v2 and I have been trying to connect it to the internet using the hotspot on my IPhone XS Max without success.

When I go to the Wi-Fi connection screen on the TV, it is not finding my phone as an option to select. It is finding other local Wi-Fi routers but nothing for my phone hotspot.

I have exhausted my IT capabilities by turning the tv and phone off and on several times!

Can anyone suggest how I might fix this?

You can connect a smart TV to a hotspot device or a phone being used as a mobile hotspot. To connect the two, from your TV join the Wi-Fi network attached to your hotspot . Be careful of hotspot data limits. High-resolution streaming can quickly eat up data.22 Apr 2022

You may need an actual wifi signal from a MIFI.

You can connect a smart TV to a hotspot device or a phone being used as a mobile hotspot. To connect the two, from your TV join the Wi-Fi network attached to your hotspot . Be careful of hotspot data limits. High-resolution streaming can quickly eat up data.22 Apr 2022

You may need an actual wifi signal from a MIFI.
I don’t understand why my phone is not appearing in the list of available Wi-Fi connections ?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Ok, I may be misunderstanding something here.
But your phone can be connected to Wi-Fi but it cannot create Wi-Fi.
I am thinking your tv requires a Wi-Fi signal.
We use a mifi with a SIM card installed.
It takes a mobile signal and converts it into a Wi-Fi signal.

On some phones when you set up a hotspot you have the option to make the hotspot visible to others or allow others to join, have you got that option?

If not on your TV look for join other networks and manually put your SSID and password

On some phones when you set up a hotspot you have the option to make the hotspot visible to others or allow others to join, have you got that option?

If not on your TV look for join other networks and manually put your SSID and password
D5064E6D-510D-4C1A-B74A-16FB38F17F40.jpeg

I think this is the setting you mean and yes it is turned on.

Ok, I may be misunderstanding something here.
But your phone can be connected to Wi-Fi but it cannot create Wi-Fi.
I am thinking your tv requires a Wi-Fi signal.
We use a mifi with a SIM card installed.
It takes a mobile signal and converts it into a Wi-Fi signal.
I checked my phone hotspot was working by using it to connect my daughter’s phone to the internet which I think means it is creating Wi-Fi and acting like a router. I think that is what a hotspot is?

What I don’t understand is why the tv is picking up Wi-Fi from my neighbours routers but not picking up my phone which is a foot away from it

One other thing to try is trying to connect to your hotspot with a tablet or other phone, if you can connect that will rule out the hotspot as the fault, then you can contact Avtex support

Excuse my ignorance but what is an SSID and where would I find it? And is the password the same as the one I use to connect to my phone’s hotspot?

My understanding is when you tether a tablet to a mobile without Wi-Fi using the mobile network you are using Bluetooth. If you are tethering using the mobile network the tv will not connect. Are you connecting your phone using a mob network or Wi-Fi.

Try taking the tv to where you are getting a Wi-Fi signal, and see if it connects there.

My understanding is when you tether a tablet to a mobile without Wi-Fi using the mobile network you are using Bluetooth. If you are tethering using the mobile network the tv will not connect. Are you connecting your phone using a mob network or Wi-Fi.

Try taking the tv to where you are getting a Wi-Fi signal, and see if it connects there.
I don’t know much about this, but my understanding is I am trying to connect the tv to the internet using the 4G data connection hotspot on my phone. Im not doing anything with Bluetooth.

I can use the phone hotspot to run a Firestick so I’m guessing that is a wifi connection to the internet

When your phone is used as a hotspot you can use Bluetooth to connect to it but only other phones/tablets and PC's, if you just set it as a hotspot your phone becomes the same as a router and the SSID (SSID is short for Service Set Identifier, SSID is a name for the network that is used to identify a wireless network.)
My phone's SSID is simply 'terrys galaxy' because that is the name of my phone so if it doesn't show on a device I click on 'add device' and enter terrys galaxy in the SSID box, then enter the password when prompted.

View attachment 113356
I think this is the setting you mean and yes it is turned on.
Looking at the picture it says that you can share without a password using your Apple ID but I don't think that would work with an Avtex TV, you need to set up a hotspot that needs a SSID and password, how does your firestick connect?

When your phone is used as a hotspot you can use Bluetooth to connect to it but only other phones/tablets and PC's, if you just set it as a hotspot your phone becomes the same as a router and the SSID (SSID is short for Service Set Identifier, SSID is a name for the network that is used to identify a wireless network.)
My phone's SSID is simply 'terrys galaxy' because that is the name of my phone so if it doesn't show on a device I click on 'add device' and enter terrys galaxy in the SSID box, then enter the password when prompted.

Looking at the picture it says that you can share without a password using your Apple ID but I don't think that would work with an Avtex TV, you need to set up a hotspot that needs a SSID and password, how does your firestick connect?
Thanks for all the info. I will see if I can manually add the phone details tomorrow.

I connect the firestick using the phone hotspot without any problem

many network routers & hotspots can be either 2.4ghz or 5ghz. however many clients (e.g. a TV) can only see a 2.4ghz router.
I don't know if this is your problem, but it can be an issue for some setups. make sure you have set the phone to be 2.4ghz and try connecting again if you did end up changing it.

many network routers & hotspots can be either 2.4ghz or 5ghz. however many clients (e.g. a TV) can only see a 2.4ghz router.
I don't know if this is your problem, but it can be an issue for some setups. make sure you have set the phone to be 2.4ghz and try connecting again if you did end up changing it.
This was my thought also. I know on my phone in the hot spot settings under advanced I think there is an option to switch it from 5ghz to 2.4ghz. could well be that.

The other things I would try would be to see if another device can connect to this phones hot spot via WiFi and also to try a hot spot on another phone. See if the Avtex will connect to that.

If other devices can see and connect to the original phones hot spot though then it's likely an incompatibility with the TV and that phones WiFi which may well be as you suggest the frequency. I would be contacting Avtex though as if it's a known issue surely their support team would know.

Problem now solved.

I phoned Avtex technical support and they gave me a code for a hidden menu which gets access to a factory reset option. As soon as I did the reset the TV was able to pick up my phone hotspot.

Thanks for all the support.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back