Avtex 12V USB?

Borders2

We are often out of TV signal and mobile signal too it seems. So... I thought I'll organise some stuff on a USB stick. Inserted stick scrolled to USB and it offered 4 types of file. One of which was video. I tried to open that but no response.

I am reading that Avtex and USB are not a great combo so is there something I can do or is this a waste of time? I also tried a usb HD but nothing happened with that at all. Not even the 4 file types appearing.

Could be the setup, jpg wav and many more, you may have to read instructions as to what foremat.

Record a program onto USB using the TV. See what type of file it is and make future files the same.

My (20+ tears old) TV only reads USBs made on the TV.

I make DVDs at home and use these in the MoHo.

Last edited:
Thats the reason why I got shot of my Avtex tv, after speaking with the tech department who assure me Avtex had no interest in accomodating tv's with multiple video file recognition.
Nice picture & viewing angles but not much good if I cannot watch what I want to watch.

We have 3000 films on a multi terrabite hard drive and tgat works fine on the usb connection

We are often out of TV signal and mobile signal too it seems. So... I thought I'll organise some stuff on a USB stick. Inserted stick scrolled to USB and it offered 4 types of file. One of which was video. I tried to open that but no response.

I am reading that Avtex and USB are not a great combo so is there something I can do or is this a waste of time? I also tried a usb HD but nothing happened with that at all. Not even the 4 file types appearing.
My Avtex TV can record to USB and I can generally playback those recordings without an issue and also copy stuff to the USB and play back, so in principle it should work. (A very helpful statement I am sure, you are thinking :rolleyes: ).
There are different USB memory card standards so it is possible you happen to have a USB stick that it just doesn't like?

If you like, I can check what I am using and let you know (I *think* it is probably a SAN Disk brand?); Alternatively, if you are passing some time, I have an Avtex Branded USB Memory Stick you can have if you want?
I bought it at the same time I bought the TV in case it was particular about the USB but never had an issue so never used the Avtex one. If any are going to work, the Avtex branded one surely willl!

By default, Avtex TVs only play MP4 movie files. However, if you press the Source button and then type in 2580 on the remote it allows you to change some settings in a hidden menu, select USB at the bottom of the list and change it to on, The TV now plays MKV, AVI and DIVX files too.

Avtex pro 21
Brother in law supplied the films from his collection and sorry don’t know the format I’m just pleased it works as I’m a bit techno failure based

Back