Aviemore

Aviemore overnight location

We were there last Month.
Heading north on the main road leaving tesco on your left to next roundabout, turn left and left again.
Look for a large tarmac/concrete area.
There were 5 vans in total, nice and quiet

Good luck

We were there last Month.
Heading north on the main road leaving tesco on your left to next roundabout, turn left and left again.
Look for a large tarmac/concrete area.
There were 5 vans in total, nice and quiet

Good luck

You were lucky not to get moved on - this is the overflow car park for the MacDonalds Hotel and complex.

wildcamping Avimore

Hello Jorvic
Just outside Colyumbridge there is Loch Morlich and we have camped there a few times,
Its hard standing and the car park is on the edge of the loch, it was a pay carpark and no signs for no camping.
Last time we stayed was over 1 year ago though but still worth a try, lovely quite area and lovely views,
The Ducks enjoy brown bread
Mick

Hello Jorvic
Just outside Colyumbridge there is Loch Morlich and we have camped there a few times,
Its hard standing and the car park is on the edge of the loch, it was a pay carpark and no signs for no camping.
Last time we stayed was over 1 year ago though but still worth a try, lovely quite area and lovely views,
Mick

Unfortunately looking at Streetview, the entrance sign appears to read 'No Overnight Camping' :(

Unfortunately looking at Streetview, the entrance sign appears to read 'No Overnight Camping' :(

That certainly seems to be the case looking at the streetview parking directions Canalsman , its probably a recent addition cos the ducks were getting too well fed

:D:confused::rolleyes:
Hello Jorvic
Mick

Thanks Mike,
We actually stayed in the McDonalds (Hotel Chain) car park, it is a big complex, we were a bit dubious at first as we were the only vehicle there.

Scotsbob

Aviemore is fairly 'local' for us about 2.5hrs away. the previous msge about Loch morlich on the road out towards the ski slopes/funicular railway is accurate. there are parking places along the loch side which are only really busy during the very fine/warm weather, otherwise its comparatively quiet.** it is forestry and there is a carparking charge but never seen anybody checking. Further along the road past the youth hostel
and the forestry visitor ctr, on the right hand side there is a large carpark, further on there is a picnic area set off the road in amongst the trees, and have seen foreign m/hms in there, but there was word of height barriers going in. Still further along the road heading to the railway there is a couple of lower carparks which are used by walkers, and also the car park up at the fun. railway is huge, again there is a parking charge.
Hope this is help. ** Have stopped along here ourselves a couple of times, and there is the CCC site here as well with good toilets & showers.

Just before the train station on your right, in the town, turn left, signposted free 300 car car park, follow your nose, its the one behing tescos, I was there two weeks ago, walked around during the day to look at all the signs, no where did it say no overnight sleeping, camping etc, indeed, their were three trucks their, I had a word with a couple of the drivers, and it appears it is a regular stop off for drivers.
I only stayed the one night, it was very quiet, and had no hassle off the locals, or the police who patrolled the area at least twice whilst I was their, hope this helps

Just before the train station on your right, in the town, turn left, signposted free 300 car car park, follow your nose, its the one behing tescos, I was there two weeks ago, walked around during the day to look at all the signs, no where did it say no overnight sleeping, camping etc, indeed, their were three trucks their, I had a word with a couple of the drivers, and it appears it is a regular stop off for drivers.
I only stayed the one night, it was very quiet, and had no hassle off the locals, or the police who patrolled the area at least twice whilst I was their, hope this helps

Hi

Can you please post the latitude/longitude from Google maps for this spot?

I can't identify it ...

Many thanks

Chris

co-ordinates for the huge car park

hello Chris, hope this helps you
Latitude = 57.1912, Longitude = -3.8329
Lat = 57 degrees, 11.5 minutes North
Long = 3 degrees, 50.0 minutes West

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back