Avans new ride

avan

Well folks after my Transit dying from terminal tinworm I was getting a bit stir crazy just driving arpound in a small car , so I bought mysef this

DSCF4405.jpg

Nice and cheap and it fits on my driveway

DSCF4419.jpg

DSCF4420.jpg

It had a few minor problems but not too much to put me off from buying it and attempting a stealth conversion

Work started about six weeks ago with the removal of the steel bulkhead and assembly of my bed ( Taken from the Transit )

DSCF4429.jpg

DSCF4426.jpg

My intention was to just fit a bed and seats with a cooker and not change the exterior but when I lay down in the back it felt very claustrophobic so The windows went in

Cut a hole

DSCF4457.jpg

And add some glass

DSCF4459.jpg

A rear wheel carrier was added too allong with high level work lights ( great for reversing too )

DSCF4455.jpg

Insulation was next for the roof

DSCF4453.jpg

And then some lights and rear speakers were added in the roof lining

DSCF4464.jpg

Once the roof was lined it was time to start the sides

Fibreglass insulation was added before the panels went over the top

DSCF4466.jpg

Once all the lining was done it was time to cover all internall walls and roof with carpet

and add some blinds from Ikea

DSCF4511.jpg

DSCF4512.jpg

A curtain rail was added to the roof lining in the cab to allow a curtain all round

DSCF4454.jpg

I had just enough room to fix a small cupboard ( Altered quite a bit ) for the cooker

DSCF4510.jpg

It is allmost finished now and will soon be seen at the vintage rallys around the country

Steve

I remember driving one of those years ago for a nursery delivering plants etc!!! Used to go quite well,bit slow and rattly but ok.It came to a nasty and catastrophic halt on M5 one afternoon miles from base.Made my way out through clouds of smoke,oily smoke etc found motorway phone.Boss got it hauled off and told me to make my way back ....... What a nightmare!!! Hope yours goes better i'm sure it will.Good luck with it and happy wilding

A lot of hard work there mate, well done. Your gonna enjoy being out this summer :D :D
What do you take out to vintage rallys?

My club are having their annual meet this sunday and I am taking allong my 1950 Wolseley WD8 stationary engine

load2.jpg

load3.jpg

And it fits just nice in the back

Steve

My club are having their annual meet this sunday and I am taking allong my 1950 Wolseley WD8 stationary engine

load2.jpg

load3.jpg

And it fits just nice in the back

Steve

wondered where my freelander wheel mount had gone!!!lol nice conversion and brill vans , i have the convoy,enjoy:)

load2.jpg

kinellsbells bet that's 1 hell of a noisy jenny you have there....:eek:

should go down a treat on a cc site that:)

regards :rolleyes::D
aj

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back