Autogas

Harrytherid

I have found an organisation that sells cheap autogas, about 70p per litre, I think, (not as cheap as we who use it only for domestic services and not as auto fuel should be paying but trying to find a range of suppliers for that is a non starter I think) but a lot less than the 99p at most service stations. They are Countrywide, not actually country-wide as I don't think there is one north of Shrewsbury,. Their phone number is 0800 243889 and you join the organisation and are sent a book of sites and a key and pin for the pump. I used the one at Wellington, Somerset, which was great apart from the lousy concrete bang bang bang road from the M5. Not one nearer to me, unfortunately but as most places I want to go entail the M5, not too bad, very good in fact.

I have found an organisation that sells cheap autogas, about 70p per litre, I think, (not as cheap as we who use it only for domestic services and not as auto fuel should be paying but trying to find a range of suppliers for that is a non starter I think) but a lot less than the 99p at most service stations. They are Countrywide, not actually country-wide as I don't think there is one north of Shrewsbury,. Their phone number is 0800 243889 and you join the organisation and are sent a book of sites and a key and pin for the pump. I used the one at Wellington, Somerset, which was great apart from the lousy concrete bang bang bang road from the M5. Not one nearer to me, unfortunately but as most places I want to go entail the M5, not too bad, very good in fact.

Countrywide were taken over by Flogas in 2018.

probably right but I was given the details by a motor homing friend and it worked so, so far as I am concerned it is countrywide and their invoice was Flogas but what does what it is called matter, it worked for me. and what does the investigation mean anyway.

probably right but I was given the details by a motor homing friend and it worked so, so far as I am concerned it is countrywide and their invoice was Flogas but what does what it is called matter, it worked for me. and what does the investigation mean anyway.
Knowing the various trading names will help people looking for "Countrywide" outlets on the net.
The investigation concluded that the "merger" could go ahead.

I did not know you could register as domestic use, I shall investigate. I don't know how many there are but that is another investigation I shall do and get back once I know.

I did not know you could register as domestic use, I shall investigate. I don't know how many there are but that is another investigation I shall do and get back once I know.

Well you could 10 years ago anyway!

My account still does, but I have had it many years.

I tried to register a few years ago. I forget why it didn't work, but it did involve posting paper forms.

After Countrywide went bust and Flogas bought the lpg side from the wreckage. I tried to register again. That failed for a different reason, I think, but I don't remember the details.

I rang them 0800574574 and the nice lady new nothing, put me on hold and the line went dead, I'll try the other number, but I missed two calls from the Urologist, never even heard it ring.

I don't know how many outlets. They are diminishing though. Evesham, I discovered, is no longer there. Now that, when we go to Leicester, we use the a46 rather than that horrible motorway combination I was hoping it would be available, but no.

I opened a Countrywide account in July 2013. I still have the key (paid £6 deposit for this) and my PIN. Not used it for many many years. I don't know whether the account was transferred to Flowgas and whether the key and PIN would still work - probably not. The email I used for the Countrywide account is not recognised by the Flowgas account login.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back