Attending the Edinburgh Tattoo

pugpugilist

Hi everyone
Thinking of attending the Edinburgh Tattoo, has anyone attended and most important where to park somewhere safe and negotiate the volume traffic and crowds of people
I thought of parking well out of town and either taxi or train
I would be interested in your views
Thanks Greg

Borders rail line Eskbank Station, CP has full cctv coverage, and of course a quick train ride into the city. There are also bus stop nearby at Tesco to and from the city too. I’ve seen MH’s use this CP a few times.

Hi everyone
Thinking of attending the Edinburgh Tattoo, has anyone attended and most important where to park somewhere safe and negotiate the volume traffic and crowds of people
Thanks Greg
Hi i`ve been going to the Edinburgh tattoo for more then thirty years,i generally park in james street portobello,then catch the bus into the city centre.

Hi i`ve been going to the Edinburgh tattoo for more then thirty years,i generally park in james street portobello,then catch the bus into the city centre.
Lots of different places in Portobello.
Spread yourselves about !

Lots of places to park close by. The Grassmarket or Market street multi story. Both directly below the castle and a short walk to the esplanade.

Lots of places to park close by. The Grassmarket or Market street multi story. Both directly below the castle and a short walk to the esplanade.
Assumed op was in motorhome.
Certainly won't get parked in Grassmarket

Hermiston Park and Ride is a 24 hour operation where overnight parking is permitted for up to 3 nightts No details need to be given and permission is not required for this. And you are permitted to sleep in your van.

Hermiston Park and Ride is a 24 hour operation where overnight parking is permitted for up to 3 nightts No details need to be given and permission is not required for this. And you are permitted to sleep in your van.

It says max height 1.9 metres. Do you have other info. Thanks

It says max height 1.9 metres. Do you have other info. Thanks
I assume it’s a car the OP has not stated which. no good for a Moho or a camper. Really weird they even state you can sleep in your car, so why put up barriers, but then your not far from East Lothian, nuff said.

Lots of good information there if anyone is listening?
Think there should be a name for these kind of threads

The Old Colliery
Old Dalkeith Road
Danderhall
EH22 1HD

Stopped there last September. Can't remember which brewery chain runs the pub but phone ahead to ask, no problem stopping in car park. We of course had a meal in the very dog friendly pub. Next morning got the bus from the park & ride into Edinburgh.

Hi everyone
Thanks Greg
Sorry I forgot to say I have a 2004 Peugeot Boxer L2H2
Many Thanks for all the replies, every time I get a reply it seems more attractive
I think I shall have to spend the fortnight there
I assume the tattoo lasts about 2 hrs, so do the buses still run close to midnight

Sorry I forgot to say I have a 2004 Peugeot Boxer L2H2
Many Thanks for all the replies, every time I get a reply it seems more attractive
I think I shall have to spend the fortnight there
I assume the tattoo lasts about 2 hrs, so do the buses still run close to midnight
Edinburgh has a great bus service , including late night buses . Pretty sure there will also be extra buses in August.
It is mentally busy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back