ATS Euromaster

Canalsman

I have just had new tyres fitted by ATS, and this was my second visit to them (at different branches).

On both occasions I have been struck by the efficiency, courtesy, helpfulness and thoroughness of their staff.

I am going to a third branch next week to have the tracking adjusted. My local branch has an HGV bay which is a pleasant surprise.

Good prices for tyres, and inexpensive air con recharge too. What more could you ask?

Recommended :D

Tell them about the forum and enquire about a group discount ,they’re all looking for work I use mcconnechy and similar there.

I asked ATS about a Michelin camping tyre as a replacement and they were nearly £100 more expensive than another tyre fitting co.
As ATS are owned by Michelin I found that unusual.
Didn't bother in the end.
In case you ask ,that was a like for like.

I don't think that ATS in Huddersfield like touching motorhomes, as when I went in last year I was told it was too tall to fit in the bay's, so I said where do you do the wagons when they come in ? He said under the canopy at the side of the building. So I asked why not put it there to do it ? His reply was that's only for commercial vehicles.
But I was only wanting a slow puncture mending so I don't think they wanted to do it, and neither did National tyres as they asked how much it weighed when I said 3 tones he said our jacks only lift 2 ton, so I explained he only needed to lift the rear corner which wouldn't weigh any where near 2 ton, he just said sorry company policy.
But both of these company's have done work for me on normal sprinter vans.
Luckily the third tyre place I tried ( a lock all independent tyre place) did it for me

ATS very efficient but can be pricey at their std prices.

I had tyres fitted at ATS but bought them from Black Circles web site who delivered them to ATS they where £ 27 a tyre less than ATS's price for the same tyre including the fitting

black circles

makes you think how much profit is in a tyre:dog:

I asked ATS about a Michelin camping tyre as a replacement and they were nearly £100 more expensive than another tyre fitting co.
As ATS are owned by Michelin I found that unusual.
Didn't bother in the end.
In case you ask ,that was a like for like.

Strange ... the online price for Michelin Camping tyres the same as all the other online prices I found.

Though this isn't what I fitted. Twice the price of a van tyre!

In Huddersfield, the place to go is Northern Batteries at Longroyd Bridge. Cheap and helpful. They used to import tyres themselves, so had keen pricing. Not used them recently, though.

I used to use them myself quite a lot but haven't done for many years, I always seem to forget about them

ATS in Buxton service wagons so should have no problems with Motorhomes. I used to use them exclusively but found they could be more expensive.

I have used Selecta tyre also in Buxton for caravan, trailer tent and sidecar outfit tyres and found them cheaper, not sure if they can handle Motorhomes yet though but both places are extremely helpful.

The answer is that there is no one place, you have to shop around.

:drive::drive::drive:

I use Costco for my tyres.

I have been watching Costco for a long time but they never had my size available. This morning I had 4 Michelin Agilis tyres fitted at a local tyre chain (Tyre Spot). Their price was competitive and they didn't mind fitting the new high pressure tyre valves I bought myself (some companies want to add a charge for that).

Tell them about the forum and enquire about a group discount ,they’re all looking for work I use mcconnechy and similar there.

hi
i went there last week for two tyres on one of the taxis. used to be called
HI Q. i normally fit the tyres myself but they could supply and fit cheaper
than i could buy the tyres. it cost £32.30 for 205 55 16 each. called Riken
made by michelin.

I'm looking at Black circles website. It freezes and can't recognise my registration number.

My tyres are 205/65/ R15C

107/105/T.. Is the C a speed rating? It's not an option on the website... Or is it T.

Doing. 6 000 miles a year.. Are Argilis worth the extra cost?
What's the general opinion?

Luckily not. C speed rating is about 35 MPH.

C after wheel size = would indicate commercial tyre

Letter after load rating, T in this case = 118 MPH

Luckily not. C speed rating is about 35 MPH.

C after wheel size = would indicate commercial tyre

Letter after load rating, T in this case = 118 MPH

Cheers Mark.
While 35 mph would be adequate for a lot of elderly motorhomers, ... I won't mention that the tyres are safe up to 118, to my wife / Chauffeurse.. She'd take that as a challenge.
205 seems to be a difficult size for Argilis .

Cheers Mark.
While 35 mph would be adequate for a lot of elderly motorhomers, ... I won't mention that the tyres are safe up to 118, to my wife / Chauffeurse.. She'd take that as a challenge.
205 seems to be a difficult size for Argilis .

Is that 35mph off road Paul? :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back