Asda Height Restrictions

Janeyjane

Hi

I wondered why my local (24 hour) Asda had added a new 'escape lane' near the entrance then discovered today that they have added a (movable) height restriction of 2.2m. Even my tiny little Romahome wouldn't get under that :-(

The bar wasn't down today and I've never noticed there being lots of vans of any type parked there when I've gone past early in the morning, but I guess it's a warning of things to come.... Hope other supermarkets don't follow suit...

Jj

tescos lakeside thurrock putting one in now
wont shop there when its finished or any other tesco

i was wrong they didnt put up a height barrier at tesco lakeside thurrock

Last edited:
I've noticed these springing up too. I'm OK - my Kangoo Roo is car-sized with an elevating roof so isn't affected but most motorhomes will be.

Not sure what they are trying to achieve. They'll drive away valid custom.

Stopped off at Focus in Leominster for some hardware. They have a 3m height barrier.

cameras

In Portmadog the Tesco as no barriers but a 3 hour stay limit
and I was told that your reg is recorded and when leaving
if you are over you get a fine through the post, they have
permission to use DVLA data base for your address:eek::mad:

If in Portmadog there is a new aldi store on the Pwllheli rd A497 easy 5 mins from town no charge no barrier no cameras:D:D yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!
possible wild stop if you park at the back:D

there is a tesco at ipswich and they have a small truck stop i asked and they said ok to park there no probs

Asda

My 24 hr Asda has a slip road round back of superstore where Asda wagons come round to unload......there is a big bit to park round back and walk across to store......altho , no barriers up yet thankfully........seen overnighting artics parked up along this sizeable road....no one seems to bother.........

The barriers are there to stop the *****s

If you want to p**s them off, do what I have done in the past. Stop your van at the entrance, walk over to their customer services and ask how you are supposed to do your shopping. By now you should have an irate line of shoppers all waiting to get into their store :D When you get back to your vehicle don't engage in any conversation with them because you any end up in a ruck :eek:

Even better if you are a "Blue badge" holder, show it, because they know that you can make life very difficult for them - Disability rights, disabled access etc :D

What happens if the medical services want quick access? or fire?

Asda

Fire services act 1947.......you should read it sometime.....makes interesting reading ...what fire appliances can do in reponse to emergency.....and what crews can do........cars/other vehicles blocking access for a appliance can be pulled out of way using chains etc......or whatever means......I imagine "whatever" is all encompassing.......lol

Asda on the way into Carlisle ( North) has a height barrier- we couldn't get diesel so we went to Morrisons just down the road. Morrisons on the way into Boroughbridge has a height barrier....so we came home!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back