Are vans over 3500kg a problem?

Just one point,you cannot carry a scooter in the garage now,it must be on a rack at rear.
If you want it inside then the van must be registered as a living van and not a motorcaravan.
You will invaladate you insurance if you do.
if over a certain weight will probably need class 7 or plating etc instead of class 4 MOT, one reason I didn't build one into my conversion

I don't think so, what do pedestrians especially those with prams think of the blockage, though I see it does seem the norm for the street.

We're on the top T part of a T shaped cul-de-sac. I spoke to all of the neighbours when we got it, saying I'd move it after fitting out and they said they don't care.

The other van stuck out is our old one, on the neighbours drive lol. He actually likes the new van because the postie used to take a short cut across his stones, and my driveway. Now postie has to walk around 😁

Makes no sense to me surely if something is classed as goods if it’s inside or outside it is still the same article that’s been carried.
Yep, Same view with me,
Do you remember the Glazing Companies that carried massive glad sheets & Frames both inside the box area & Outside on side shelves running the length of the vehicle?.

If worried about carrying scooter and insurance then tell them.
I suspect they won't bat an eyelid - might even say you didn't need to tell them!

If worried about carrying scooter and insurance then tell them.
I suspect they won't bat an eyelid - might even say you didn't need to tell them!
Correct but if pulled at roadside you will get done unless its outside,an invalid scooter is ok inside,and remember ins co will blank you once you have had your coller felt.
Fact is vosa is now in priv hands and they require moneys to keep in biz,seen more rd stops this last mth or so here,no idea why as yet.

They're practising for Brexit? 😀
I thought the argument is between living in a van and occasional nights sleeping?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back