Are michelin tyres cheaper in France?

gypo

Given the fact that michelin tyres are made in France would anyone know if they are cheaper to buy there?
Thanks
D

Given the fact that michelin tyres are made in France would anyone know if they are cheaper to buy there?
Thanks
D
Very doubtful. I had car tyres replaced at both the village garage and at Norauto, and they were a little more expensive than UK, at a tiem when €/£ Excahnge Rate was 1.35+ In addition the Norauto Tyre Depot insisted on my returning 2 days later for a fitting appointment, despite the tyres being on the display stand, and fitters being available! French taxes are levied on a wider range of goods than in UK, some at low rates of tax, others at very high rates, irrespective of the place of manufacture

Steve

When I bought mine from ATS on line, I asked the fitter why they were cheaper than buying them from him as it was an ATS fitting centre.
He explained that online outlet was separate from him and it was based in Europe and they checked the prices daily to make sure they were the cheapest.
I don't know if this helps.

Thanks both, just a thought really as we will be heading there soon all being well.

Such are our trading arrangements with the EU now (long after Marchie had 1:30+ to the pound 😉) that UK residents can claim back French VAT on most things bought there as they leave the country. And at the moment there are no checks on bringing the goods back here.

You can actually get an app to do the office work in return for a small percentage. Got to follow the instructions and it's dead easy. Saved almost a quarter on 2 electric bikes last year.

If im correct mitch make there tires in china and india these days, they had 2 branches here but long gone.

Thanks
D
apparently .... "Michelin produces tyres in France, Serbia, Poland, Spain, Germany, the US, the UK, Canada, Brazil, Thailand, Japan, India, Italy and several other countries".
French in name ...

Thanks
D
Last year while shopping in St Pol de Leons Le Clerc I picked up a offer leaflet for tyres at their tyre fitting centre 20% off so worth looking

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back