appology!

sundown

I think I owe an apology for an offensive joke I posted
as pointed out by new rover, hymerman & stuterman
the posting has now been deleted and I Apologise!

It seems a more inflammatory comment has been removed from your Made in the UK post by another poster. ( not your comment to make it clear )

It is sometimes harder to apologise than land ourselves in it !!

I respect you for removing your post...

Channa

Didn't read it but good for you and your response.

One mans food is anothers poison .!!!

TBH most humour is at the expense of some group. Englishman Scotsman and Irishman Jokes.

But it pays to be daft rather than inflammatory !

Channa

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt see the "offensive" post, so cant comment on it, but I would like to add a comment.
I am quite often told off for my comments because I work in a multicultural area Greater Manchester, but live in Barnsley, which is not.
Untill I was in my 30s the only black person I had come across was Charlie Williams "the comedian" (A great guy who always talked to me cos he was friends with my dad)
We were asked at a meeting "who are the problem customers" I foolishly answered a particular asian race because they are horrible. but another asian race were OK!!!!!!!!!!!!! the result was that I was slated until a member of the first race I mentioned stood up and said I was right, and his culture was to treat retailers as dirt.

yep.. i read it... and the comments that followed....appologise:confused:... what for :confused:
it was a joke ****.....:cool:

some of you PC moralists need to lighten up or at least get a life :mad:

regards;)
aj

I must say I have a lot of respect for sundown in him removing his Joke post.
I would like to point out that I found it NOT offensive in ANY way at all and I agree that there is FAR TOO MUCH PC in this UK of ours. As a Scotsman, I find my Race very often the BUTT of many a joke and I can laugh just as hard as the next guy, as long as they can take it back.
I only told sundown to wait for the incoming Flak that his joke was bound to cause.
It is a VERY VERY poor world when we cannot have a laugh amongst ourselves.

I must say I have a lot of respect for sundown in him removing his Joke post.
I would like to point out that I found it NOT offensive in ANY way at all and I agree that there is FAR TOO MUCH PC in this UK of ours. .

i would have had more respect for him if he hadn't given way to the imposition of
someone else’s moralistic attitude and stood behind what was nothing more than a joke
and should have been seen as nothing more than a joke.:cool:

for those with a SENSE OF HUMOUR SEASURE...
MAY I RECOMMEND YOU STAY AWAT FROM THE FUNNIES SECTION.:p

BTW.....NO OFFENCE INTENDED
and 6 other disclaimers that i can't be arrssed to trype :(

regards ;)
aj

Can someone PM me this joke please? I have been to a Christening this afternoon, had to drive, could only have one beer, screeming kids all over the place so I could do with a laugh

I have no idea about the 'joke', as I am new here, but I would like to comment on the PC aspect; I am a 'half breed'. My Mother was Native American and Dad was a Cockney. I've heard it all! You can call me 'Injun', redskin, Tonto,Big Chief Whatever, as long as it is in good fun. Fill your boots, but never, ever call me late for a drink!...Paol [LaughingHeart]

Brilliant

I have no idea about the 'joke', as I am new here, but I would like to comment on the PC aspect; I am a 'half breed'. My Mother was Native American and Dad was a Cockney. I've heard it all! You can call me 'Injun', redskin, Tonto,Big Chief Whatever, as long as it is in good fun. Fill your boots, but never, ever call me late for a drink!...Paol [LaughingHeart]

No sense of humour bypass here then Kemo Sabe. (never could spell in Apache).

Your moniker makes much sense now mate. ;):D:D:D

Osiyo Derekfeaberwick,
O wa nv sv o gi nah li ke ti nuh do que ti na doh doh na da goh hu i.
Just a little Cherokee to get you started! Don'T worry...all nice stuff! I invited you as a brother to enter my Ti pi and wished you "well met'

i'm sure i've seen this anagram on countdown...:confused::confused:

regards:D
aj

I think another "joke" apology is needed AJ, that was terrible!!!....
I seem to remember back before civilised time, we used to refer to a certain motor cycle as; 'All Junk And Spares'........You started I'll finish!
Falling off my chair with tears in my eyes......Paol.

I seem to remember back before civilised time, we used to refer to a certain motor cycle as; 'All Junk And Spares'........You started I'll finish!

Matchless..!!

OI... laffintart... they are still going today :D:D...AJS Motorcycles Ltd. Best Quality Scooters, 49cc, 125 learner legal motorcycles, moped.

wish i had 1 from the 50's/60's.. would be worth more than the 1 i have now :eek:

regards;)
aj

btw... ajs are my name initials too... no i didn't pickem :eek:... i wanted te be called airel square 4 :p

Matchless? Laughinghearts reply was priceless:D:D:D

Sorry aj:p

Happy Camping:)

I too was smiling at Laughinghearts reply. Hence the word Matchless.

Matchless were old motorcylcles too that at one time were part of the same company has AJS.

Channa

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back