Anyone using Falken Tyres?

alwaysared

As the tyres were put down as an advisory on the last MOT for slight cracking in the walls and now we're full time I thought I would look at replacing them, it currently has Michelin XC camping tyres fitted so I've found some Michelin Agilis CrossClimate at 125.00 each but while looking I came across some Falken that had all the same ratings but were only £95.00 each. So is anyone using or have used these tyres, the brand gets good reviews but of course most of them are referring to car tyres. Any other recommendations welcome.

Regards,
Del

Used them on my mini years ago
Could only say that thirty years ago I liked them as the 1275cc would make them squeal
But as for on my van I’d pay the extra £30 for peace of mind

I've just had a set of Falken tyres fitted as my old tyres were between 5 - 7 years old and all different makes. I always feel happier with the same tyre at each corner. I've only had them about a month so early days but they seem to be fine so far.

I bought two top brand tyres last year for front wheels,one went out of shape causing a very bad wobble going left to right,of they came for a cheaper brand which are every bit as good and no probs so far.

The Agilis Cross Climate tyres are only meant for vans and not motorhomes according to the Michelin website.

Sure the tyres wont know any difference unless you tell them so.
Camper van,heavy loaded normal van. :unsure:
The side walls of camper tyres are different to van tyres. Stiffer. As it is normally the side walls of camper tyres that begin to show wear defore the tread goes I was advised not to get the Agilis Cross climate. A camper does maybe 5-10 thousand miles a year. A commercial van maybe 30- 50 thousand.

Tyres are what keep you on the road, I only buy branded preferably michelin.
I to try to save when I can, but never on tyres.
We all like a bargain, but safety comes first.
Also years ago when I used to buy cheap tyres I found that they did not last as long, and if you Kerbed them they damaged much easier.

One of my Norwegian relatives uses Nokia Hakkepelita tyres for winter on his Motorhome, he says they are a bit noisier but they are full winter tyres.

Used to run Falkens on my car. Never had any issues with them and I was told by the tyre garage that they are the economy branch of Michellin. How true that is though I couldn't say

Michellin are pulling out of N Ireland with there truck/van tyres cause they now make them in india under other names at much lower cost,many old names now have there tyres built in third world countries due to us with high wages and rates,can you blame them.

Michellin are pulling out of N Ireland with there truck/van tyres cause they now make them in india under other names at much lower cost,many old names now have there tyres built in third world countries due to us with high wages and rates,can you blame them.
Goodyear had a tyre plant in Casablanca in the late seventies.

I don't know about other people's driving habits but my van rarely goes over 60mph so I don't worry too much about the brand of tyre. Most motorhome/caravan tyres perish before the tread goes and I'm damn sure a posh name won't improve things and I really can't see why there should be different tyres for Motorhomes except to keep the price up, like most things to do with leisure activities.

As the tyres were put down as an advisory on the last MOT for slight cracking in the walls and now we're full time I thought I would look at replacing them, it currently has Michelin XC camping tyres fitted so I've found some Michelin Agilis CrossClimate at 125.00 each but while looking I came across some Falken that had all the same ratings but were only £95.00 each. So is anyone using or have used these tyres, the brand gets good reviews but of course most of them are referring to car tyres. Any other recommendations welcome.

Regards,
Del

I have used Falken in past on vans and they have been OK, the all season Falken seems to be on par with the Michelin CrossClimate so I can't see any valid reason for not using them.

I have used Falken in past on vans and they have been OK, the all season Falken seems to be on par with the Michelin CrossClimate so I can't see any valid reason for not using them.

cross climate tyres are not to be used on Motorhomes, Michelin themselves state here from another forum. I would be wary of using tyres not recommended by the manufacturer, this may have serious insurance issues in the event of an accident.

here is what was stated on the other forum

Ive just changed my tyres for Michelin Agilis CrossCountry tyres, they are new and meet the load requirements for my Bailey moho.
As the max pressure is 65psi I asked Michelin what pressures I should be running, they have comeback with pressures but also that they are not CP rated so do not meet the ETRTO directive on motorhome tyres and as such cannot recommend them as a motorhome tyre although they go out of there way to say that they are safe to use.

Apparently us motorhomers cant be trusted not to overload our vans and as such the CP rated tyre is designed to be heavily abused by including a safety margin.

CP tyres are only available from Michelin, Continental and Pirelli so limited choice of 3 tyres.

The CrossClimates are almost an all terrain tyre very good in the wet and snow and grass apparently.

So Michelin have offered to change my tyres back to a Camping tyre if I want foc as there website is misleading but I dont really want to change, so is anybody else running commercial van tyres succesfully?

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back