Anyone use an android box and Internet TV in the van?

mistericeman

Just in the early stages of setting up a teltonika rut 950 in the van (planning a unlimited EE data sim to maximise coverage when we are away in areas that my 3 phone struggles.)
My ultimate plan is to ditch our home virgin media internet/TV package and wondering if anyone uses a android tv box when they are away for TV etc.

I use a 4k fire stick, we also have two at home. We only use the fire sticks for TV viewing and have no sat/cable/antenna both at home and in the van.

Last edited:
I have a Firestick and a Now TV stick that I plug into the TV or the Projector (got Sky Movies available on the Now TV)

I have firestick which I have running off my Android phone as a modem .helped by a SIM only deal with 3. Unlimited wi fi usage in the UK gives you 20 gig in Europe which covers pretty much everything I require and I tend to go onto a campingcarpark.com Aire If I fancy eaking it out a little...most all their aires have power and free Wi-Fi plus the other services. They have about a hundred sites in France.
I get really good 4g signals throughout the continent when I am parked up somewhere in wildcamping mode in the main it works pretty well.

Use less data by scrolling down to the 1gig films some at the top keep buffeting.
All them device's are wifi. Just pair and go.
Please pm me the link for sport and movie's , we use lion with a z tv

Use less data by scrolling down to the 1gig films some at the top keep buffeting.
All them device's are wifi. Just pair and go.
Please pm me the link for sport and movie's , we use lion with a z tv
Thanks for the offer 1cup but I have already downloaded a link .....makes all the difference .

Unlocking an Amazon firestick allows you to run 3rd party apps, not just the official Amazon ones.
Lots of information about it online.
Ah ! Forgive my ignorance of the terminology..if I havn,t a grandchild within phoning distance I,m lost .....yes you can and I have ......with the proper coaching of course !

Unlocking an Amazon firestick allows you to run 3rd party apps, not just the official Amazon ones.
Lots of information about it online.

My Firestick isn't unlocked and I use third party apps :unsure:

Regards,
Del

I use a 4G fire stick and a 4G NowTV stick, both powered from the TV usb port so economical on power, I also use a 12v Android box with Kodi installed for streaming, I use 2TB hard drive full of films which works well with the Android box using VLC

Unlocked is probably the wrong term (IMHO), all that needs to be done is to allow apps from unknown sources

Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
  1. From the Fire TV Stick home screen, navigate to Settings in the far right of the top menu. ...
  2. Within the Firestick settings area, scroll to Device and click to enter. ...
  3. Next, scroll down and click Developer Options. ...
  4. Turn on the Apps from Unknown Sources if it says Off.

We use Amazon fire stick home and abroad.
Conecting through our ph9ne hot spot .
We have 3 go binge which lets you conect to Netflix useing no data from your data plan .also virgin 120 gb plan to conect to itv hub for tv

I use a 4G fire stick and a 4G NowTV stick, both powered from the TV usb port so economical on power, I also use a 12v Android box with Kodi installed for streaming, I use 2TB hard drive full of films which works well with the Android box using VLC
Hi Tezza,

I use one of these with Kodi insatalled on my Firestick to watch media from an external drive or stick 👍

Regards,
Del

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back