Anyone identify this van?

sagart

Sorry, no picture as it and I were travelling in opposite directions.
Seen in Uist late June.
T5 based motorhome with an integral body about 7 metres long. Integral in that it was not a coachbuilt on a VW. frame. Seemed to have cab section with two? living areas according to the number of windows...it appeared to be a long wheelbase T5 with a considerable overhang behind the rear wheels.
Definitely not a homebuilt and running on UK plates.

I have a strange T4 based van did it look like this?

Attachments

• rialta front50.jpg
    rialta front50.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 135
Edgie said:
I have a strange T4 based van did it look like this?
Looks identical to the one I saw..it was manouvering so I may have mistaken a T4 for a T5.
Were you on North Uist this year, and can you give me more details of the van?

The Van is a Winnebago Rialta -its an economical (relatively) American RV - in my opinion it is the BEST VW conversion on the Road... do a google search to get lots of info...

strange van

I have seen this vw before ,think it is similar to the old american le sharo.

van

The early american one was built on a renault base, similar to the new one same sort of lines.Can see on winnebago . com

Ah that old thread always comes up - in all honesty it is a great van, the Americans struggle with them because they do not have a VW commercial network to look after them when something unfortunate happens...

Yes the conversion is the same as the Le Sharo, I orginally had one of those, again it was a great van, the conversion is so practical and clever...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back