Anyone got a Tom Tom Start 25 - opinions please

AdriaTwin

Free Member
Thinking about the above with all Europe maps - its on offer at amazon for 129.99, Is it a good investment ?
MMM mag gave it a good write up recently but I prefer users opinions .

Thinking about the above with all Europe maps - its on offer at amazon for 129.99, Is it a good investment ?

I wouldn't get one myself. A lot of people have had problems with them. If you Google Start 25 and look at tomtom discussions it will give you an idea of why. It is also why the prices seem so reasonable.

I like tomtoms very much but you would be much better off with a 'pre-Linux' based model. An XXL for example if you want the bigger 5" screen. I would recommend the GO 730 or 740 if you want a very reliable model that has essentially the same spec with the massively bigger advantage that you will be able to update it and add Points of Interest (POIs) which, if it means nothing now, will quickly become a 'must' once you have one. Particularly so for all those lovely French Aires and our own Wild Camping locations.

PM me if you want any more info.

hi there i have a tom tom they need updating often i have found it difficult to up date mine over the internet.ok if you a wizz kid.you also have to buy the updates.didnt know if you new this,ive found mine ok in england though.

Listen to Fairytooth. He knows what he is talking about. (Only my opinion☺☺☺)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back