Anyone got a Garmin 660 ?

***** said:
I think what the problem is, that as an ex International Trucker, I know my way around Europe quite well and I am proficient at map reading.
I am trying to convince myself that I need a Sat Nav for the last mile into Aire's. Don't know if I really do and as you will know, sometimes you drop on the best places purely by accident!
I am going to France in very high season this year and everywhere will be chocker blocked. I thought the Sat Nav may help and that is the only reason.
But can I justify the cost?:eek:
if you already know your way around then the only usefull features would be the traffic and the back on track if you decide to go off the beaten track i suppose but really really usefull if you don't know your way

Envisaged use

walkers said:
if you already know your way around then the only usefull features would be the traffic and the back on track if you decide to go off the beaten track i suppose but really really usefull if you don't know your way
The way I had read things was, that I could be driving down a road and if I had downloaded the Aires as points of interest the sat nav would bleep or show up a square or similar to let me know that I was near to an Aire.
I could then, just divert and follow the directions.
That is the use that envisaged!:confused:
What do you think?

***** said:
The way I had read things was, that I could be driving down a road and if I had downloaded the Aires as points of interest the sat nav would bleep or show up a square or similar to let me know that I was near to an Aire.
I could then, just divert and follow the directions.
That is the use that envisaged!:confused:
What do you think?
as long as they are on your poi that should work out well a bit of advice on that the pois are not allways 100% accurate (depends on the author) but should get you nearby where you are intending to get:cool:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back