Anyone Experienced Problems Entering/Exiting Europe Recently?

• Thread starter Deleted member 86180
  • Start date
Update on the Tous Anti Covid app - before leaving the camp site this morning, I dumped my app reinstalled it and reloaded the QR code, then asked the reception staff to check it for me - works fine now 👍

Moved over to a free Aire just outside Tours, two other vans pulled in a couple of hours ago, very quiet.

3466649E-D4C2-4888-9BC7-2E69CC0D4DAB.jpeg

We arrived at chunnel an hour early expecting a hold up, went through pet reception, then passports checked by UK, then onto the French side, passports checked, are you double-vacced? Passports came back and off we went. No other checks, we didn’t have to prove anything and I needn’t have worried about the large amount of pet food onboard - enough for 3 months hopefully. We‘re now sat on an aire debating where to go first.

We arrived at chunnel an hour early expecting a hold up, went through pet reception, then passports checked by UK, then onto the French side, passports checked, are you double-vacced? Passports came back and off we went. No other checks, we didn’t have to prove anything and I needn’t have worried about the large amount of pet food onboard - enough for 3 months hopefully. We‘re now sat on an aire debating where to go first.
Thanks Simon for this. I’m entering France on Monday morning, 6th, and been trying to follow recent events.
If you want to find something really good to see we’d highly recommend going to Carrires de Illumieres in Les Beaux de Provence, see website for more info. It’s truly spectacular.
Bon route.

Thanks Simon for this. I’m entering France on Monday morning, 6th, and been trying to follow recent events.
If you want to find something really good to see we’d highly recommend going to Carrires de Illumieres in Les Beaux de Provence, see website for more info. It’s truly spectacular.
Bon route.
Hope it pisses down😁

If one of you has an Irish passport is that enough for both of you to be exempt from the 90 days limit in a rolling 180 day period?

The reason I’m asking is I got Irish passports for the kids on the back of my nationality, but my wife only has a British passport.
Take a look at Travel-cook-eat website Alan Gow goes into a lot of detail on this with links to official documents you can printout, as not all boarder guards are aware of the directive.

Having entered Europe from the Isle of Man - IOM - Dublin - Cherbourg, it was surprisingly more easy than anticipated. Ok my wife has Manx and Irish passports and maybe this helps as it qualifies us both to circumnavigate the 90 day Schengen rule, but can anyone share any difficulties experienced while entering or exiting Europe from other areas of the British Isles?

Everything seems so frantic about the right codes etc, gas checks not done, dairy and meat products checked - not on you’re nelly (not that that would bother us in any way of course🧐)

The Tous Anti Covid app has certainly been a help. It was recognised at the Cherbourg border along with the paper copies of Covid inoculations. We’ve yet to find any shopping centre in France demanding their own QR codes for entry, all they insist on is mask wearing without policing.

Keep you posted about our return to the U.K. via the tunnel, I doubt that will be any more difficult because it seems passage from France to Britain these days goes unrestricted? I’ve put an rubber dingy in the garage just in case 😏😎
We have taken the tunnel and traveled to Spain in the last 4 days. Now at Peniscola. No checks crossing into France other than gas off and double vaccine certificate shown with passport. Nothing between France and Spain. Very busy here but mainly French and Spanish. Everything open. Manik about face masks but that’s it. 5 weeks to go so worry one week before we come back.

We have taken the tunnel and traveled to Spain in the last 4 days. Now at Peniscola. No checks crossing into France other than gas off and double vaccine certificate shown with passport. Nothing between France and Spain. Very busy here but mainly French and Spanish. Everything open. Manik about face masks but that’s it. 5 weeks to go so worry one week before we come back.
We’re in Neufchâtel-en-Bray. Booked in for tests prior to the tunnel on Thursday. Keep you posted👍

I’m now at Kiko Park in Oliva, where are you heading?

Back through the tunnel yesterday no problem, on the French side showed them our proof of double jabs and locator form and that was it. Drove off this side straight onto the road. Waiting for our day two tests to arrive at a friends house.

Worth it………Yes.

Came through the Tunnel yesterday. Slight delay because of French border checks but only 30 minutes later than schedule. No additional checks, just usual gas off then passport stamped and proof of double jab by french control. Short diversion out of the Tunnel if heading A16 Boulogne ……

Back through the tunnel yesterday no problem, on the French side showed them our proof of double jabs and locator form and that was it. Drove off this side straight onto the road. Waiting for our day two tests to arrive at a friends house.

Worth it………Yes.
Did you not have a test of lateral or PCR before coming back to UK?

I‘m afraid it wasn’t likely to be the case anyway, America is still firmly shut, we’ve been keeping an eye on this because we were hoping to ship the van over to Halifax Nova Scotia from Liverpool next spring, cross into the U.S. then back through Canada to Halifax.

Canada is open but I don’t think the U.S. will be for some time.
Well I never, looks like America may be opening up for tourists in November 👏🙏

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back