Anyone been snowed in while wilding?

scampa

I just wondered if any of you have ever been unexpectedly snowed in or stranded at a wilding spot for any length of time?

In an ideal world I know we would always have plenty of supplies (gas, food etc) on board to survive a few days longer than planned, but did the experience add to the adventure, or turn into a nightmare?

And has it changed the way that you prepare for a winter trip?

yes, me and my ex partner went to Scarbados last year, we parked in sea life centre car park, there was 3 other MH's there, anyway, we shut all curtains as ya do and settled down for the night, i woke up in middle of night, looked out of window and there was about 8 insh of snow, lol, all other vans had gone, which peed me of a bit, they could have come and told us, we were stranded for 3 days as the road down to SLC is quite steep, but theres some really nice pubs nearby so we went in them, but i allways carry plenty of tinned stuff, t bags, etc the ususal stuff.

a friend of ours was driving over a mountain pass in the pyrenees when the weather closed in and the blizzard forced him to pull over.after 2 days of this he decided for the safety of his wife and 2 kids that he would have to fetch help and set off into the storm.after about half an hour of downhill the weather suddenly cleared and he found himself in the sunshine in the middle of a village with the market in full swing!if he'd carried on for 10 minutes more he'd of been out of it

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back