Anybody with recent experience of Roseisle Motorhomes (Edinburgh)

Tonybvi

To retain water ingress warranty I need to get a damp check on my motorhome (Hymer MLi 570) at a Hymer dealer before too long. I have made a booking at Roseisle for late May (replacing my cancelled Guernsey trip!!) in the hope that travel restrictions will have eased by then. Impressions when making the booking were favourable with the chap dealing with me being very knowledgeable and polite but I wonder if any of you have had recent experience (good or bad) with them - more for peace of mind than anything else as there aren’t too many other options for me! I note that Gordon (Laird) had a few good things to say about them but that was sometime ago.
Thanks, Tony

Not for warranty but we hired a motorhome from them before taking the plunge and getting our own. The workshops looked well set up but it did used to be a MOT station/ petrol station before being bought over and used for Motorhome sales / hire. The fleet they used for hire were well looked after and usually new.

Tony, the company have invested heavily for various aspects of the business, it certainly looks a good setup in garage area, which I have been in to ask for advice. I did deal with them when a MH they had was for sale, be about a year ago, the guys there seemed ok, no pressure, but the MH was not for us.

Worth the booking and trip. The other option is Travelworld.

Terry

i have always used Travelworld as that’s where I bought the van from. My experience of TW has been very good and I would not hesitate to go down there for any work to be done. However they are just so busy that they can’t fit me in in time to retain the warranty despite Hymer giving a 6 month extension due to the pandemic. In fact it was TW who suggested either Roseisle or Knowepark as they are both Hymer dealers.

Would it be by any chance John Chesher - great pal of mine but lost touch recently as he went off with a Russian Princess!!
Neil has now moved and he and Eileen are just down the road from us in Aboyne (close to both their daughters, one my d-i-l in Aboyne and the other in Aberdeen). They have sold the cottage in the borders and are renting out the flat in Holyrood.

Last time we visited John he was living in a huge place near Ormiston (Is that near Thornybank Ind Est?). Funnily enough not only did we work together for years but he was also at university with me doing his PhD when I was still an undergraduate, both doing geology and I recall his rock collection built up over many years.

Hi Tony ,the guy if he is still there (gus) I know him through the trade he used to work at western leisure at new bridge years ago when western had the hymer leisure centre their ,gus has a wealth of experience,he was gobbled up by roseisle
I use a Mobil guy who Robert tribute 11 recomen to me he is ex forces and very meticulous in his workmanship
he can carry out work and warranty repairs on various brands and is a recognised repairer by them and I'm sure hymer included
Keith is based at portsoy but if you wish I can forward his details to you

IIRC, yes near to Ormiston, down a long track? I'll never forget the stone collection, which was a first for me at that time. I can't remember if he too, had a dabble at the diving, also?
You will both be happy your daughter and Neil are closer to you. Give him my regards, please. Tom will miss him being further away.

Terry, John always had to do everything to the extreme - explains his rock collection and his princess! He did dive quite a bit and although I have never dived I often accompanied the “gang” on their trips to the west coast just for the fun of it. I’ll pass on your regards.
Tony

Hi Tony ,the guy if he is still there (gus) I know him through the trade he used to work at western leisure at new bridge years ago when western had the hymer leisure centre their ,gus has a wealth of experience,he was gobbled up by roseisle
I use a Mobil guy who Robert tribute 11 recomen to me he is ex forces and very meticulous in his workmanship
he can carry out work and warranty repairs on various brands and is a recognised repairer by them and I'm sure hymer included
Keith is based at portsoy but if you wish I can forward his details to you

Thanks Gordon. My understanding is that Hymer themselves have to do the damp check to ensure the warranty continues. I believe that not only is it a check but they also have to spray some sort of gunk in various places to validate the warranty. However I have the mobile guys info from Robert and may well use him for a few other jobs I’m thinking about. I’ll report back on my Roseisle experience when the work is done.

Fair to assume Tony, you did the annual Shieldaig trip with Neil, Tom, Jim Dickson, can't recall any other names at the moment, where copious amounts of whisky was used to wash down freshly caught clams, and a really good trip, Crayfish from mouth of Loch Torridon?
No, that was a later gang but I’ve heard all the stories about it! I moved away in 1979 before a lot of these reprobates turned up.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back