Any one know the solution?

MykCamper

Fiat Ducato 2.3 lt Diesel. 2013 euro 5 engine. The oil change warning light came on at exactly 28000 miles. The oil and filter was changed 5000 miles ago. Is there a way of switching it off without going to a dealership?
I'm in Portugal and Don't really fancy a visit to a garage, not having the lingo!
According to the handbook, the next stage will put it into limp mode!
I did use the correct Petronas fully synthetic oil, but fitted the larger type oil filter, as the stockist didn't have the small one.

Fiat Ducato 2.3 lt Diesel. 2013 euro 5 engine. The oil change warning light came on at exactly 28000 miles. The oil and filter was changed 5000 miles ago. Is there a way of switching it off without going to a dealership?
I'm in Portugal and Don't really fancy a visit to a garage, not having the lingo!
I did use the correct Petronas fully synthetic oil, but fitted the larger type oil filter, as the stockist didn't have the small one.

Don't worry about not knowing the lingo - drive to the nearest Fiat dealership and show them the warning light. They will take it from there. We have needed to use garages in Spain and Portugal and have always found them very helpful, despite the language barrier - and a heck of a lot quicker and cheaper than most in the UK!

If your really desperate with the language write it in google translate and show them. I had a language problem in Spain and it helped matters immensely

Oil change warning light?

Hello mycamper (forgot the name already)..............look if that light is an oil change warning light.....ie something on that newer vehicle supposed to remind you to change the oil at intervals should be safe to ignore it for months until you get to a suitable dealer. If on the other hand its a standard Oil WARNING LIGHT, an oil pressure light, you should not drive any further, but get a mechanic to have a look.........steve bristol

Hi mike it needs looking at it could be, low oil level ,contaminated oil ,faulty sencer ,low oil pressure, ECU error ECU telling you it needs an oil change .

2013, still in warranty ? curious as to why you did the oil change,would this not invalidate the warranty ?

2013, still in warranty ? curious as to why you did the oil change,would this not invalidate the warranty ?

No out of warranty! Strangely, as it only lasts for 2years on a motorhome, against 3 on a commercial van!
As the first dealer service isn't until 30k miles, I always like to change my oil/filter every year, which again I did last year, without any probs!

No out of warranty! Strangely, as it only lasts for 2years on a motorhome, against 3 on a commercial van!
As the first dealer service isn't until 30k miles, I always like to change my oil/filter every year, which again I did last year, without any probs!

Ah, forgot about that. Should have realised as mine is the same !

dip it

Befor you drive
Bigger oil filter? ?........
Did you add the extra 1/4 of oil ??

if it has been regenerating the dpf the oil could be contaminated with diesel. chech the level to see if it is higher
than usual.

Try,
Turn ignition to on without starting the engine.
Press and hold the button situated in right side of the dashboard.
The button must be held down for about 10 seconds until the display shows a spanner and CFG 1.
Release the button and then press it again and hold down for about 5 seconds until the CFG1 and wrench key disappear?

Try,
Turn ignition to on without starting the engine.
Press and hold the button situated in right side of the dashboard.
The button must be held down for about 10 seconds until the display shows a spanner and CFG 1.
Release the button and then press it again and hold down for about 5 seconds until the CFG1 and wrench key disappear?

Thanks for that Wilham, unfortunately it didn't cure it, not even got the spanner up.:sad:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back