Another Spanish POI bites the dust.

Yes as you post

View attachment 62944

This is the sign they’ve put up at El Campello, I said semi official because there’s no other info on it, like the reference No. of the law, etc.etc.

If you have a copy of INSTRUCCION 08/V-74 de la DGT in the van, you could probably argue the toss with the old bill if they tried to get you off.

"semi official" a really rubbish sign not worthy of "officialdom"
Anyone might have created it by copying the Town crest.
Simple insertion of a graphic and printed on A4 and laminated
As posted such signs may well be legal & enforceable but the local area "Should do better" with further justification such as "by order of ????"

But I would not stay there and risk a fine or serious aggravation. (but that is me)

Interesting to note they disappeared, but again anyone with a pair of pliers or the like can become a magician
No angle grinder required !?

Again maybe OK if you have nothing outside so it is perceived you are over-nighting rather than camping ?

Last edited:
I have just ask my son about these signs he said if they are put up by the order of the comunity town hall they are legal and do not need a number with them the Spanish Government allowes each coumunity to put signs like they are putting up now, on many beaches

Your boy is obviously right Ken but I have noticed that if a prohibition sign states the by-law reference No.,
it’s possible to incur a heavy fine as at Torre-del-Mar (300euros).

Whereas, with the plain signs, the old bill will probably tell you to piss off.

Yes, that’s true but any prohibition signs should have the ordinance No. (municipal bye-law No.) on them, otherwise they are not legal.

Perhaps in the UK, but does that apply to the rest of the world too.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back