Another rip off

How much was paid in the end to obtain the spare keys?

I ask because from experience I know some key types can be a lot more than a standard yale key to obtain spares for.

I normally change locks when a tenant leaves and I find it easier and cheaper to buy replacement keyed alike locks than faff about with keys.

Assuming you have Euro cylinders (pretty much standard now days) a web search should be easy to find a new lock set with multiple locks and keys or a single lock with extra keys (expect to pay around £50-60 for a new high quality lock and 5 keys, but cheaper locks are readily available)

But if you buy 2 locks keyed alike and 6 keys you will have the same key for both front and back door, if you go for thumb turn internal you’ll probably never use a key in the back door anyway.

BUT be aware Thumb Turn have a downside, with thumb turn locks, you can’t lock a key holder out, that’s fine if it means Hubby can always get in while your in the bath because your key won’t be left in the lock, baring his key from working, but maybe not so fine if you’ve just kicked hubby out and don’t want him coming back in.

Us landlords fit thumb turns simple so tenants can’t lock us out, but believe me most Landlords wouldn’t have them at home.

We fit thumb turn cos it means should you ever need to exit rapidly inmiddle of night there's no need to find a key. Similar if you want to lock the door in a hurry when a mad axe man comes up the garden path. Even more convenient for the approx 50percent of us that don't carry keys in their pockets 🙂

Morning all. Coming up to a really busy spell at work. How is it when I’ve got that much work your tripping over it. we’re booking jobs in for July and August now. The phones been ringing off the wall with people wanting new roofs. Six months ago we couldn’t buy a job.Can’t take any more on because we can’t get enough good guys that want to work.

Sorry Barry posted that wrong place. Barry take a photo of the lock pm me I’ve got loads brand new in boxes just need the length of barrel. You canny beat free. I can post it or if your not in a hurry bring a couple to Hollingsworth lake.

I normally change locks when a tenant leaves and I find it easier and cheaper to buy replacement keyed alike locks than faff about with keys.

Assuming you have Euro cylinders (pretty much standard now days) a web search should be easy to find a new lock set with multiple locks and keys or a single lock with extra keys (expect to pay around £50-60 for a new high quality lock and 5 keys, but cheaper locks are readily available)

But if you buy 2 locks keyed alike and 6 keys you will have the same key for both front and back door, if you go for thumb turn internal you’ll probably never use a key in the back door anyway.

BUT be aware Thumb Turn have a downside, with thumb turn locks, you can’t lock a key holder out, that’s fine if it means Hubby can always get in while your in the bath because your key won’t be left in the lock, baring his key from working, but maybe not so fine if you’ve just kicked hubby out and don’t want him coming back in.

Us landlords fit thumb turns simple so tenants can’t lock us out, but believe me most Landlords wouldn’t have them at home.
I used to have two sets of 5 lever chubb locks with the same offset but these were changed when I split up with the girlfriend then did the same with the next. 😂

Timson 80 odd quid but as we were told 2 days to collect. Paid for 2 keys x 4 locks 2 for each lock. Turned up in 2 days no keys at store. Re order by the man 2 days waiting again. Went back 16 keys 8 free of charge. Still 80 quid for rental front door, patios, garage and side gate. So four of each

Thumb locks also useful for elderly folk. Like mother-in-law who collapsed in the hall, having locked and bolted front and back doors. Fireman broke back door down ( front was an original in conservation area) . Cost her £800+ for new back door with thumblock and key safe for keys thereafter.

3 squid for a regular door key from the watch mender and key cutter's stall at the local weekly market (very small market nowadays :cry:).

Does a wide range of different key cutting, really useful bloke 👌

He's been coming there since Methuselah was born ;) 👍

What? With the size of your pockets? Nah.

Baz said to send you this... ;)

image_processing20200824-6474-1r3bevr.gif

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back