another newbie

nellie

Hi I'm Jane and I bought my first motorhome 'Nellie' a couple of years ago (without telling my husband!!) I've always dreamed about having adventures since my lovely Dad (87 yrs) wanted to take me around the world when I was little. Sadly it didnt happen but the dream lived on. Had somwe lovely short breaks at Ullswater (with kayaks) and Mull. Hubby was naturally v cross with my purchase:( but finally 'got' Nellie last year on Mull). We are now heading off to western isles for a week or so in summer. He's not the outdoor type so should be interesting!!!

Hi Jane,
welcome to the site. I am sure that once your Hubby set's sail to the Western Isles, all will be forgiven. We are around the west coast and Outer Hebrides ourselves in August, so if you see us, come say hello and have a wee dram (or two). The names on the Motorhome.

Happy Camping:)
Angie and Bill.

... i feel a swapper commin on...:eek:

:D

welcome te nuthouse... have fun :cool:

regards;)
aj

mmmmmm!! interesting - are we talking motorhomes or spouses? :D
been down the garden digging like mad so v tired - your message made me smile!

Hi Angie & Bill
many thanks - if we are there at that time we'll lookout for you - I'll be the one with the bemused hubby!

Have you ever been to western isles in August before and if so did you encounter millions of midgies?? how did you cope with them?

The midges can be terrible. Try to avoid long grass, bracken, anywhere dampish really, at night. I am told that taking 3 tablets of brewers yeast every day for three weeks before you travel works very well. We are going to try that this year.
Having said that we tend to go at the end of August / early September and there are far fewer midges by then.

Hi Angie & Bill
many thanks - if we are there at that time we'll lookout for you - I'll be the one with the bemused hubby!

Have you ever been to western isles in August before and if so did you encounter millions of midgies?? how did you cope with them?

Hi,
never been to the islands, but lots of times to the west coast in midgy season. We both use Avon skin so soft, and light citronella candles when the beggers are on the prowl. Always had good results from this system, one or two bites, nothing serious.
Just don't park near a swamp area, they love it!
Your hubby will be a seasoned wildcamper when he gets home:D

Happy Camping:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back