Another fridge thread

Makzine

Hello clever people, haven’t had time to troll through all the threads on this subject as I know there are many. Tomorrow we are heading down to the Mediterranean for a few days once there no problem as we have hook up.

However we are taking three days to travel down the back roads and need the the gas to work on the fridge. So started her up on gas no problem and she has a nice flame but the fridge isn’t getting cold? I have blown through the vents and exhaust for cobwebs but still not getting cold.

So hoping one of you clever people will tell me it’s something silly and cheap to sort.

:wave:

first thing is - does it cool on 12v or240v ?
and are you reasonably level ?

then the flame isn't giving enough heat , it may have a dirty jet, giving a nice blue flame that's too small
assuming the flue is clear , no rust or spiderwebs

Ok will give it a check and have already blown the flue with the compressor, so should be clear. :wave:

The flame will only increase in intensity on fridges that do not have electronic thermostatic control over the burner.

I agree that the flame should be clearly audible. If not the jet may be partially blocked and this is a probable cause.

Ok will give it a check and have already blown the flue with the compressor, so should be clear. :wave:
Might need more than blowing out ..if its sooted up ..need to run a long thin brush up the chimney ...will reqiure the burner assembly removing .

Thank you all for the tips, I had one of those days where the brain forgot how to work. Fridge now had a good rift our and working nice and cold on gas, just as well, today travelling in 39 degrees over the monts du Cantal. Just have to work out why it’s stopped working on12v. Oh well one step forward and 10 backwards, :wave:

Thank you all for the tips, I had one of those days where the brain forgot how to work. Fridge now had a good rift our and working nice and cold on gas, just as well, today travelling in 39 degrees over the monts du Cantal. Just have to work out why it’s stopped working on12v. Oh well one step forward and 10 backwards, :wave:

When it is on 12volts thats only when your travelling so leave it on gas. Look for the fuse at the split charge relay in the engine bay.

When it is on 12volts thats only when your travelling so leave it on gas. Look for the fuse at the split charge relay in the engine bay.

No problems, not at all bothered now we’re running on gas. Will look for the 12v problem when we get home. :wave:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back