Animal Health Certificates

If you travel via the Eurotunnel with your pets then have a look at this online service. Our local Vets wanted £250 for our 2 dogs and I found this company on another motorhome group and was initially wary as it only cost £129 for 2 dogs. Anyway I took punt and it worked out really well. I collected the document this morning in Folkestone from Abbey Well Vets - in and back out in 10 mins and sailed through the pet check at the tunnel., I would definitely recommend them - https://animalhealthcertificate.online/. There is also a FB group called Animal Health Certificates which also give good advice.
We used Passpets of Havant when travelling from Portsmouth £99 for one dog. Car park at the Ship Inn just round the corner where you can stay overnight. Excellent service.

Just remember that if you get an EU pet passport, any entry by a UK vet renders it invalid. So future rabies boosters would also have to be done, and recorded in the passport, by a vet in the EU. Some EU vets require an address in their country. And, some rabies boosters have a one year lifespan, not three like here.
Would you know if I can go to any vet in the EU to get future boosters or do I need to go to the vet or even country of origin the passport was issued?
We are hoping to get our EU passports in Portugal but was hoping future vaccinations could be done in Calais which would be just a quick hop over the channel.

Would you know if I can go to any vet in the EU to get future boosters or do I need to go to the vet or even country of origin the passport was issued?
We are hoping to get our EU passports in Portugal but was hoping future vaccinations could be done in Calais which would be just a quick hop over the channel.
I believe it is any EU vet.

I believe it is any EU vet.
I would think so , EU passport/EU vet .
Did think of trying to retrieve my Spanish dogs passport [vanished with stolen van] but it seemed too complicated .
Wondering , would an EU vet transfer rabies jab details from an AHC onto your EU passport ?

I would think so , EU passport/EU vet .
Did think of trying to retrieve my Spanish dogs passport [vanished with stolen van] but it seemed too complicated .
Wondering , would an EU vet transfer rabies jab details from an AHC onto your EU passport ?
it seems to depend on the vet. I’ve heard of some who will and others who refuse. But worth asking around.

it seems to depend on the vet. I’ve heard of some who will and others who refuse. But worth asking around.
Getting Spanish passport tomorrow . Have used this vet several times and they are very good .
Will not transfer rabies onto passport but think it will work out ok anyway .
Should , of course , have done it previously .

Getting Spanish passport tomorrow . Have used this vet several times and they are very good .
Will not transfer rabies onto passport but think it will work out ok anyway .
Should , of course , have done it previously .
So are they just doing the vaccine anyway?

Yes but only valid for one year
That's a nuisance. Will you be back in time for next year's booster?

By the way, any problems with the caterpillars where you are (how far south are you)?

That's a nuisance. Will you be back in time for next year's booster?

By the way, any problems with the caterpillars where you are (how far south are you)?
Well I intend to do my usual 2-3 trips annually
So shouldn't be a problem . Reckoned it was worth the gamble . Don't expect to pay much for jab or passport . Dogs at vets now .
If a problem I can always revert to the superb AHC system we have .
No problem with caterpillar but will check with vet .
I'm in Sanlucar de Barrameda at present

Sorry not following you
I was guessing you had uk or AHC and getting a eu passport..
The new rabies jab needs to be entered in the eu passport.... or it's just a waste of time...
If rabies is in AHC or uk passport some vets wont add these details on passport, they will only enter what they do...
Keep all things together as microchip dates wont be right .

I was guessing you had uk or AHC and getting a eu passport..
The new rabies jab needs to be entered in the eu passport.... or it's just a waste of time...
If rabies is in AHC or uk passport some vets wont add these details on passport, they will only enter what they do...
Keep all things together as microchip dates wont be right .
Yes correct but dog is Spanish and did have Spanish passport . Went missing when previous van was stolen . Spanish vet issuing new passport and giving new rabies jag .
Have current AHC so , yes , all paperwork will be at hand just in case
Coming over neither dog nor AHC were even checked !
Could have saved myself £100 !
Hindsight eh

Yes correct but dog is Spanish and did have Spanish passport . Went missing when previous van was stolen . Spanish vet issuing new passport and giving new rabies jag .
Have current AHC so , yes , all paperwork will be at hand just in case
Coming over neither dog nor AHC were even checked !
Could have saved myself £100 !
Hindsight eh
Update . New passport €9 , UK £50
Rabies jab €19 , UK £90(?)
Total treatment , dental work , anaesthetic , drugs (including months supply of heart drug) etc
Total €245
Appreciate wages taxes etc are different but some serious rip offs by UK vets

Just back from the vet in Listowel Co.Kerry he assures me that the booster can be issued within the UK and be added to the EU passport without any issues and be valid for EU travel.
20220405_140924.jpg

Just back from the vet in Listowel Co.Kerry he assures me that the booster can be issued within the UK and be added to the EU passport without any issues and be valid for EU travel.View attachment 107471
As long as it's an EU vet who copies the vaccination info into the EU passport. If a UK vet enters the info, the passport is invalid.

As long as it's an EU vet who copies the vaccination info into the EU passport. If a UK vet enters the info, the passport is invalid.
Not according to the EU vet I spoke to 45 minutes ago!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back