And that will be £175 thank you very much

SimonM

Animal Health Certificate bollox so miss Molly can travel abroad. Last year I had to rush home from France as we’d had a short time away because I was recovering from heart surgery and so couldn’t find a vet to get an EU Pet passport for her.

Apparently there’s a Belgium vet able to supply one easily, and administer a 3 year rabies jab. Any clue where that one is?

You'll find all the info you need here:

I take it you have paid for the AHC? If not (or for anyone else reading in future) there are some vets who do them for around £100.

You fill all the details in online yourself, they confirm with your vet then you meet either at their premises or yours. They scan the dog and issue the certificate.

And, because it's their core business, they are less likely to make mistakes than the vets that only do them once in a while.

Yes I have, hopefully for the last time as I’ve emailed the vet in answer no.2 above as we will be going past Bruges on Wednesday.
my vet has done the last 3 for me, but agrees it is very time consuming and they do very few of them. Yes, I know of a vet in Folkestone that is half the price but is so far from me I don’t want to leave it until we travel. I’d rather pay up just in case.

I'm getting my AHC next month from an online vet. Meeting him in Waitrose car park in Monmouth with the dog to do the necessary.

There is another cheap vet in Havant - ideal for south coast ferries. It is called Passpets. £99 for first dog. Discount for 2nd dog. Also 10% discount for future use. Also, don't forget that any EU passport is invalidated if a UK vet stamps it after any jabs. All jabs need to be done in EU.

Animal Health Certificate bollox so miss Molly can travel abroad. Last year I had to rush home from France as we’d had a short time away because I was recovering from heart surgery and so couldn’t find a vet to get an EU Pet passport for her.

Apparently there’s a Belgium vet able to supply one easily, and administer a 3 year rabies jab. Any clue where that one is?
Just reading this thread. My son is taking his dog to Eire. Is there a place he should get an AHC before he goes

Just reading this thread. My son is taking his dog to Eire. Is there a place he should get an AHC before he goes
Technically he should have an AHC issued by a vet (there are many who do it) . If you can say roughly where he lives, we may be able to suggest someone.

I think the requirement was suspended for a while, not sure if it still is though.

Last edited:
It is not suspended. That was temporarily for NI only. If you enter ROI from UK, you must have AHC and worming tablet, both from a registered vet. The worming tablet is not required for entry back to the UK. If you enter NI from UK, it was suspended but I'm sure it is now required again as there is no check at the NI/ROI border if you head south. Remember the AHC has to be used within 10 days but the worming tablet is much sooner. 5 days I think and not sooner than 24 hours.

Last edited:
It is not suspended. That was temporarily for NI only. If you enter ROI from UK, you must have AHC and worming tablet, both from a registered vet. The worming tablet is not required for entry back to the UK. If you enter NI from UK, it was suspended but I'm sure it is now required again as there is no check at the NI/ROI border if you head south. Remember the AHC has to be used within 10 days but the worming tablet is much sooner. 5 days I think and not sooner than 24 hours.
You have the worming tablet requirement the wrong way round.

Dogs must be wormed prior to reentering the UK. This has to be done between 24 and 120 hours before your return.

Everything I read states worming is not required from ROI to UK. I have attached some snippets from various sites. Strangely, the UK Gov site still states worming is required but all the others, even the Irish gov site states not required.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-30 115955.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-30 115955.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2023-08-30 120229.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-30 120229.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot 2023-08-30 120319.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-30 120319.png
    39 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2023-08-30 120525.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-30 120525.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2023-08-30 120749.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-30 120749.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2023-08-30 121255.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-30 121255.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2023-08-30 121602.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-30 121602.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I have just phoned UK Gov pet travel and they have confirmed that the tapeworm tablet is required to enter NI and ROI but it is NOT required fro re-entry back to the UK. This only applies to these countries. All other EU countries are the other way round i.e. no tablet going out but tablet required to come back.
If anyone is still in doubt, the number for UK Gov Pet Travel helpline is 0370 241 1710.

Last edited:
Miss Molly now has an EU passport. :cool: Now how the frick can I get one?:ROFLMAO:
Well done, was that in Bruges?
We were going to go to Bruges later this month, but as poor Harry screamed the vets down when he had his last injection a couple of weeks ago we daren't risk it. We've got to go back to the vets to let the nurses scan his chip and give him a treat a few times before we go, so that he doesn't freak out at the chunnel.

If it helps, they sometimes will let you leave the dog in your vehicle and when it's your turn, come out with you and let you scan him.

If it helps, they sometimes will let you leave the dog in your vehicle and when it's your turn, come out with you and let you scan him.
I'm just trying to get him used to someone in a white coat before we have to take him into another vet for the return worming. We've had a bit of a traumatic time of late with the dogs so trying to calm it all down if we can.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back