Altogether now!!!

lovely spot. Its a very clean van, Do you have any more pics?

Thanks! Yes, I have a photo diary of the self-build plus lots of other camping pics.

That was a very handy spot indeed. We overnighted a bit further up the road but that pic was taken just before breakfast at about 8am.

Here`s a couple more:

A few miles up the road from Callander:
Van2.JPG

Shell Island at sunset (I`ve replaced the front grill with one from a Ducato since):
Van3.jpg

I can't remember if I did mine in this thread but here it is:

van2p.jpg

Converted self-build Movano/Master 5.4m long panel van with front continental lounge/swivel seats and 1/2 dinette, mid kitchen and shower, and fixed transverse double over rear garage.

Attachments

• van2p.jpg
    van2p.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 116
Stealth Type van, you'd struggle to notice it in a Tesco carpark. Selfbuilt about 17 years ago on a MB 709d. Interior very "woody" ......fashions change.View attachment 2790View attachment 2791

is that a reliable merc? im sure its the same one that the guy recently around the world in, using old chip fat etc. and he said it did nothing but break down........suprised me as i thought it would be pretty simple and hardy.

My van may well be the same make/model of van as the "round the worlder"? Breakdowns....perhaps he ran his van on more chips than fat.
It is a very simple and hardy(like me) vehicle. Much the same spec. as the preceding MB 508d derivatives, with a few added refinements, such as power steering.
17 return yearly trips to either Southern Spain, Maroc, or Turkey and only one minor (1 hour) breakdown due to a faulty MB replacement fuel filter seal has been my experience. As Einstein might have said it's 99% good maintenance and 1% good luck. Not like trying to upload pics to this thread with an Android phone thats 99% luck!

T4 van

DSCN0569.jpgSAM_3729.jpgSAM_6332.jpg

Good thread,and nice vans.
My T4 van..part converted,used as camper and workvan

scania 003.jpgscania 021.jpglt35013.jpglt35004.jpglt35006.jpg gord knows what i did there but it worked!scania lorry for a mate in czech,my lt 35 and an ambulance i did

Last edited:
really really nice, looks top class workmanship there

ta for that,it actually was bigger than my house,you could see the cab and tailift each side of the house.had to cut a doorway into the side just to work on it.split levelbedroom with en-suite,massive oak top kitchen with dining area and woodburner.well you would if you could!and he did

ta for that,it actually was bigger than my house,you could see the cab and tailift each side of the house.had to cut a doorway into the side just to work on it.split levelbedroom with en-suite,massive oak top kitchen with dining area and woodburner.well you would if you could!and he did

Fantastic, really is

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back