Alternative to RICE

QFour

We are still dieting and SWMBO is getting ever more adventurous with the Evening Meals. Last night we had a Stir Fry with Pork and Chinese 5 Spice accompanied by RICE. Well it looked a little like rice but was actually cauliflower that had been through the blender. Cooked in the microwave for a couple of minutes with a table spoon of water added. What a great meal. We have now bought a Spiraliser so it should be an interesting week food wise. Soup today made from all the stalks and leaves that were left from the cauliflower and broccoli.

Not a Carb in site . :tongue: :tongue:

mmm nice i had fish and chips with scraps and a couple of bread cakes last night . today for dinner will be roast pork and trimmings bit of apple sauce aswell , oh and i had a couple of bacon sarnies for breakfast with a nice coffee will be having a couple of pints aswell later in the pub

just got my cholesterol test through , dropped from 4.4 ish last time to 3.6 now ,mind you last time i was weighed i have put some weight on i am now 11 stone from 10 half stone

keep up the good work with the diet .wonder how phills is progressing

sorry :danger::danger: looks like i need the tin hat on

We are still dieting and SWMBO is getting ever more adventurous with the Evening Meals. Last night we had a Stir Fry with Pork and Chinese 5 Spice accompanied by RICE. Well it looked a little like rice but was actually cauliflower that had been through the blender. Cooked in the microwave for a couple of minutes with a table spoon of water added. What a great meal. We have now bought a Spiraliser so it should be an interesting week food wise. Soup today made from all the stalks and leaves that were left from the cauliflower and broccoli.

Have you tried courgette spaghetti yet?

Fart Machine - Soundboard City

My wife is very good at making something out of the fridge,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I didn't know that ice cubes and a light would taste so delicious.

We've both got a touch of the trots so it was porridge for breakfast and chicken soup tonight. I just want to die instead of fading away through every orifice.

We've tried the Cauliflower Rice. I agree, very nice.

My missus made a fish pie the other day using mashed Celeriac instead of potatoe. I wasn't too keen, but some may enjoy.

I have reported this post. This really is taking extremism to a totally unacceptable level

This must be the first post ever I have had reported .. Perhaps we should step outside and have a VIRTUAL Fight then your report would be accurate .. :tongue:

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

:lol-061:

Last edited:
We've tried the Cauliflower Rice. I agree, very nice.

My missus made a fish pie the other day using mashed Celeriac instead of potato. I wasn't too keen, but some may enjoy.

We tried that the other night. Plenty of salt and black pepper. It's good for you better than mash. Ours seemed a bit watery to start with so SWMBO left it on the hob for a bit after it was mashed. Loads of steam so it must soak up a lot of water. You can also put it in a blender if you want to get all the lumps out

We tried that the other night. Plenty of salt and black pepper. It's good for you better than mash. Ours seemed a bit watery to start with so SWMBO left it on the hob for a bit after it was mashed. Loads of steam so it must soak up a lot of water. You can also put it in a blender if you want to get all the lumps out

A good trick is bake the celeriac instead of boiling ( Steaming is also good but still keeps a lot of water)

This must be the first post ever I have had reported .. Perhaps we should step outside and have a VIRTUAL Fight then your report would be accurate .. :tongue:

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

:lol-061:

Spam is nice.

I find Chips are a great alternative to rice. :lol-053:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back