aldi satallite system

kalamitty

i have just bought the sat system from aldi, doe's anyone know which sat i'm supposed to point it at to get freeview please.
it all seems rather complicated to me as there seems no marks on the dish for tilting it and do you have to alter the lnb thingy every time we move to another place? can any help me please?:confused:

Hello K, not familiar with the product but if its a manual tuning system then you need Astra2 which is 28.2 degrees East of due south and in the UK the dish is almost vertical, you can buy a cheap tuning device to locate it by ear and it would be well worth the tenner or so if you move from place to place, its FREESAT by the way not FREEVIEW which you get through an ariel

thanks, have checked out another site and they gave same answer as you, will try again tomorrow, the kit included a sat finder and a compass and a patch lead, will report if i get a signal and promise not to blow my top if i don't. will play with it while the other half watches britains not got talent final.;)

Hi kal,
I have a sat system from maplin , probably the same as you have
I don't use the sat finder, compass, etc,
I have the dish set on a camera tripod
I set the tv. to signal strenth
point the dish due south,then move the dish 1mm at a time till the
signal strenght is 92 %
and you're tuned in
it's not so easy to begin with, but once you've got it
it's easy after that
ps make sure your lnb and dish are parallel
before you start

Have had an Aldi system some years now. Bought the £10 sat finder which I find of no use.

I use the systems own indicator with audible turned up loud. Its "Info" and "1" which give a loud tone and peaks when you get a signal. After a bit practice you can get it tuned in quite quickly.

The LNB should also be turned to about "5 past 6" looking from the front.

Also www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/ is a good site

Good luck and persevere

Last edited:
just had a go again, i am getting 72% signal but the quality reads 0% so no pic. have tried turning the lnb will try again with it set at 5 past 6. have tried the signal meter and the one that came with it, life would be easy if the other half would read a book.:(

Checked the manual with my set and under troubleshooting found the following

"No image, no sound, signal strength OK, no signal quality" Cause "The satellite antenna has been directed to a wrong satellite"

Could be you are looking at wrong satellite?????

thanks everyone now sorted it turned out that the neighbours bungalow roof was too close to my van on the drive i had two options one move the van two knock down next door so went for option one. i managed to move the van a little bit and then got one programme called mango a foreign selling channel so noticed the quality signal went green, so will take van out one evening somewhere with no obstructions and try it out to see if i get more uk channels.:D

thanks everyone now sorted it turned out that the neighbours bungalow roof was too close to my van on the drive i had two options one move the van two knock down next door so went for option one. i managed to move the van a little bit and then got one programme called mango a foreign selling channel so noticed the quality signal went green, so will take van out one evening somewhere with no obstructions and try it out to see if i get more uk channels.:D
some of those European channels can be quite entertaining, we use to watch German channels on the old sky system for the motorcross, by the way glad you went for option 1, don't think you neighbors would have been happy lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back