aire in bayeux france

aire

good im going there at the end of the month anyone in the area at the same time??

aire here

Bayeux - Aires Camping-Car/Stellplatze for Motorhomes, Camper Vans, Camping-Cars, RVs

And the rest of Normandy Here

Interactive Map - visits, sport and activities, itineraries, restaurants, accommodation, tourist offices - Normandy Tourism, France

Image1.JPG

Last edited:
there is a beautiful one relatively nearby at cerisy la foret by an abbey in the middle of a forest every year early June they hold an international sculpture contest on the aire and scattered all around are these tons of artwork just google cerisy la forget sculpture and you'll see what I mean,

I think tuesday is market day and half the town centre one get barriered off. It`s about a 10 minute walk to the Tapestry.

Might be down that way, the weather gods will decide.

Here's another with a (sometimes vandalised) service point - couldn't get in last time there was a circus in town, good spot though.
49°16'48.9"N 0°42'27.0"W
Bd..

we stayed at the one in the big square/ car park right in the town, was even some leccy points being used. was a bit wary being right in the town but was ok apart from a few young folk going home early morning, it was festival time though

Hello,does anyone know if there is an aire at Bayeux????

As a full member, click on "POI Map" in the menu bar near the top of this page. When the map is displayed, type "Bayeux" into the search box and hit the <Enter> key. The one at Cerisy-la-Forêt is also in the POIs: click on the "AF" icon and then click on the Streetview thumbnail to see sculptures and aire. Hadn't planned on going that way when we eventually get our motorhome UK-registered and thus operational, but I'm now thinking that it "vaut le detour". :D

Tom

I am off to France at the weekend and read somewhere (here maybe) that the aire in the square was now closed. I am meeting some people in Bayeux and need to give them some details of the aire we are staying at but wonder if this one is still available. My second choice would be at the Musee Memorial Google Maps

Has anyone been to the square very recently?

Having just looked at the POI area on here (Latitude = 49.2801 Longitude = -0.70638) and this is the one I refer to above.

Bodge

Last edited:
Update!!

Just back from my France trip and can confirm that the AF on the database has no facilities anymore. It is just a carpark. I did not see any signs suggesting it is an Aire for camping cars. The alternatives for this area are just outside the town at the Museum of the battle of Normandy or just around the corner. Both sites are free to park at until 17.00 when a 4 euro charge applies for overnight parking. No facilities at either site.
49.272305, -0.710498
49.276021, -0.712710

Thanks for the update. I've amended the France POIs, and added the two new car parks you've mentioned.

There's also a free aire that I've added that is located here:

Google Maps

Thanks for the update. I've amended the France POIs, and added the two new car parks you've mentioned.

There's also a free aire that I've added that is located here:

Google Maps

I missed that one,
It is great that there are 3 areas in Bayeux but a shame there's nowhere to fill and empty the van. Not a problem with a bit of planning. Bayeux is a wonderful place to visit imo.

I missed that one,
It is great that there are 3 areas in Bayeux but a shame there's nowhere to fill and empty the van. Not a problem with a bit of planning. Bayeux is a wonderful place to visit imo.

There are service facilities at the aire I've identified ...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back