AIB insurance

Must be me or my postcode because they can`t get anywhere near my renewal with Safeguard :sad: over £100 dearer for a much lesser speced policy :rolleyes2:

We asked them to match another quote which they said they couldn't do, though my wife I suspect forgot to mention our memvership here but they kindly were honest and told us to "take that quote off at the shoulder" so we did.

On the plus side in the past they have been excellent for our MH's not to mention the houses we have insured with them, the guest house and the cars. Always worth asking them first as they have saved us a lot of money over the years.

B2

Contacted AIB yesterday and even without legal cover which I have with Caravan Gaurd it was considerably more expensive.
So it’s Caravan Gaurd again, this years qoute was only £6.00 more than last year which is considerably less than inflation.

Contacted AIB yesterday and even without legal cover which I have with Caravan Gaurd it was considerably more expensive.
So it’s Caravan Gaurd again, this years qoute was only £6.00 more than last year which is considerably less than inflation.

I have been with caravan Guard ever since owning my first motorhome, 8.5 years ago. Every year, I compare quotes to see if they can be beaten.
This year was only a few quid more from Caravan Guard.
Some of the other companies can beat the CG quote, but without the Euro breakdown, something that I must have, bearing in mind our van is 4.5t.

Just renewed with Aib today and asked if that included my wildcamping discount and the reply was yes. I was never asked for my username or membership number so don’t know understand what Phil was on about writing letters to confirm membership?

Just renewed with Aib today and asked if that included my wildcamping discount and the reply was yes. I was never asked for my username or membership number so don’t know understand what Phil was on about writing letters to confirm membership?
The insurance company (NOT AIB) may ask AIB for proof of membership, AIB will then contact me to write a confirmation letter. This is done from your name and postcode, if I cannot find your account from these details then they will contact you for further details. They may ask you contact me directly for proof.

The insurance company (NOT AIB) may ask AIB for proof of membership, AIB will then contact me to write a confirmation letter. This is done from your name and postcode, if I cannot find your account from these details then they will contact you for further details. They may ask you contact me directly for proof.

Mmmm? Thanks for clearing that up Phil. I’m just a sceptical Scotsman. 👍

When I renewed with Aib I asked if that included my wildcamping/Motorhome discount and quoted the discount code and the reply was yes. I was never asked for my username or membership number

When I renewed with Aib I asked if that included my wildcamping/Motorhome discount and quoted the discount code and the reply was yes. I was never asked for my username or membership number

That IMHO kinda makes a mockery of it then.

If you RENEWED with them, maybe they already had your Username or membership number from the existing policy info and applied it automatically assuming you were still a member?

They never asked when I took out the policy a year ago. All they asked was if I was a member of any clubs and I said I was a member of this forum but the never asked a username.

Mmmm? Thanks for clearing that up Phil. I’m just a sceptical Scotsman. 👍

Phil wrote me a letter confirming my membership of Motorhomer when I insured my van last December. AIB quote was very high and a big jump on the year before, apparently because I do not have a car as well as the van. I got a much better quote from Advance Insurance (found with a google search) but they needed confirmation of my club membership.

is anyone else being asked to pay AIB "adjustment fees" for changes in policy data mid way through the insurance term ? i am in discussion with them as we speak

i am so close to sacking AIB today..... i got a verbal quote from them yesterday for £173.09 and the policy information and premium quote arrives today for £336.41 with no explanation and no mention of the recovery premium being included/excluded......

apparently i am supposed to be psychic and know that the higher figure was for an earlier higher mileage i had claimed last year.....
whilst Leah agreed that the letter was confusing because of crucial information missing she insisted "this is our letter and its right" - bangs head on desk.......

i called darron the manager in the end and he agreed she had sent the wrong letter and so the computer went down the wrong routes ...... he did apologise and understood exactly my frustations..... but an excellent price nevertheless...... so i am renewing ..... i judge companies on how they sort out messes and problems and this has now been sorted out very quickly indeed

thanks AIB

Last edited:
Absolutely agree DG,
It’s inevitable that things go a skew from time to time in Life & in Business, & as you say it’s how it’s addressed when it does that sets the gauge...
I’ve used AIB to sort my insurance for a few years now, They have repetitively been very competitive for the cover I want for ‘The Nest’.
My insurance is due for renewal in around 5 weeks, will give them a call Soon, I hope the computer problem will be fixed by then !.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back