Ahead of time!!!

Talbot

Had a right laugh today. We took the bus into Porto this morning. We had been told by Maja07 to buy a yellow bus pass which is an open top double decker site seeing tour bus. We bought the tickets at 10.10am and I asked the lady what time is the next bus. She said the first bus is at 9.19am. I said okay, but what time is the next bus and she repeated the first bus is at 9.19am. We went around this loop several times and by then she was getting very frustrated. She said this is hard work and my English is obviously not good. I said, no your English is perfect, but I just want to know when the next bus is because I've missed the first bus as it's already after 9.19am. So I showed her my watch and she clutched her head. She goes aaaah you're on Spanish time, this is Portugal and the time is 9.10am. I suddenly killed myself laughing and thankfully so did she. We have spent 4 days an hour ahead of time. Getting up at 6am and going to bed at 9.30pm. I thought it was still light. What a pair of plonkers. LOL

Had a right laugh today. We took the bus into Porto this morning. We had been told by Maja07 to buy a yellow bus pass which is an open top double decker site seeing tour bus. We bought the tickets at 10.10am and I asked the lady what time is the next bus. She said the first bus is at 9.19am. I said okay, but what time is the next bus and she repeated the first bus is at 9.19am. We went around this loop several times and by then she was getting very frustrated. She said this is hard work and my English is obviously not good. I said, no your English is perfect, but I just want to know when the next bus is because I've missed the first bus as it's already after 9.19am. So I showed her my watch and she clutched her head. She goes aaaah you're on Spanish time, this is Portugal and the time is 9.10am. I suddenly killed myself laughing and thankfully so did she. We have spent 4 days an hour ahead of time. Getting up at 6am and going to bed at 9.30pm. I thought it was still light. What a pair of plonkers. LOL

Bin there, dun that :mad1::mad1:

It is confusing as you travel through France and Spain an hour difference then suddenly back to Uk time! We are always saved by the mobile phones and satnav which automatically adjust the time! At least you found out in time...hope the bus trip was good!

Spain was talking about changing to UK time,after the October change.
They only changed, when Franco came to power,after the Civil War.
It was to cosy up to Nazi Germany.

Most of Asturias, Santiago,La Corunna and th N.W Coast, even Madrid want to make the change.
We reckon Seville should,too.
That will upset the French.!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back