Aerial for a teltonika rut 360

Derekoak

I am thinking of buying a teltonika rut 360. I was considering an rut 955 which is a well recommended but old cat 4 modem. I have never thought I would use both sim slots of this device. They are available sometimes 2nd hand for around 100.
The newer rut360 has a cat 6 modem suggesting double speed even with a poor signal. They are Too new to get 2nd hand but can be got for 187 pounds.
The point of the router is to get a stronger mobile data signal, so I need a 2x2 mimo external aerial for the lte ports.. My 2nd thought was perhaps I do not need an external aerial for the WiFi as we are nearly always receiving in the camper? I do not know if I need external aerials for the WiFi ports ?
We want the aerial to not increase our camper height, our midi height roof light is about 100mm high so that is the maximum aerial height.
I want an omni aerial.
There was a poynting a-mimo-1-1 aerial that fitted this specification but it is discontinued. It had 300mm aerial cables which would be a useable length. The mimo 3 update is 160mm high, so too high.
That just leaves, to my mind, a puck mimo 2 aerial whilst keeping the teltonika WiFi rabbit ear antenna internally.
The puck aerials have 2m cables, which must cause signal loss and are too long for my setup. I suspect the larger a mimo1-1 would have got a stronger signal.
Does anyone have any advice?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back