Admin's VW Transporter T6 4Motion self build VB Air Suspension.

Admin

Administrator
I have had a VB Air Suspension 4C +30mm kit fitted to my VW Transporter T6 4Motion.

The van has three ride heights; off-road, standard and sport. There is also a parking mode. Today I measured the height from the road to the front and rear wheel arches, which are as follows.

Off-road mode | front: 875mm | rear: 877mm
Standard mode | front: 810mm | rear: 825mm
Sport mode mode | front: 790mm | rear: 800mm
Parking mode | front: 778mm | rear: 740mm

The off-road mode gives 320mm of clearance under the centre of the van. This clearance is with BGF KO2 245/65 R17 tyres, which lift the van more than standard tyre sizes.

I have posted four images, one of each mode. And finally, an image from the front corner.

I will have a video on my youtube channel once I have driven it for a while.

orm.jpg

sm.jpg

spm.jpg

pm.jpg

IMG_2573.jpeg

You would have liked the camper I saw today ... Brand new Hymer X-Crosser on its very first outing (at Morrisons to stock up I presume). That looked very capable :) but also I am sure into 6 figures price-wise :(

Nice one looking good Phil. I was on a couple of ferries this weekend I managed to get on and off no bother because I could lift the van up at the rear definitely would have grounded at the back without the air giving that wee bit extra lift.

To be honest I thought someone would have snapped this up by now. Not my cup of tea, but I know that plenty on here are in to this type of van. But it’s a real shame that you have decided for personal reasons to stop converting it after doing so much work Phil, and spending so much money on this conversion. Someone out there will love this van, and buy it, that’s for certain.

To be honest I thought someone would have snapped this up by now. Not my cup of tea, but I know that plenty on here are in to this type of van. But it’s a real shame that you have decided for personal reasons to stop converting it after doing so much work Phil, and spending so much money on this conversion. Someone out there will love this van, and buy it, that’s for certain.
I have decided not to sell the van at this point. The conversion may be paused for a while, but I will see how things go.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back