Admin Whats Happened 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeTelford

Hi

I wasnt complaining, I just wondered what was going on, I cannot see that I was causing any problem by asking whats happening, it seems that I have missed out on whatever as happened over the last few weeks....

I didnt complain about lack of service, nor did I want or ask for a refund, merely wondered what had happened to my account.

Hopefully you can sort it out whenever you have sorted whatever problems you are having (like I say been away so have no idea....)

George

Hi Graham

I am pretty sure that you were here when Admin implimented a few changes

Yes I saw a few changes before I left for Greece, VIP Lounge, extra forums and Medals etc......

in fact correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that you made some sort of comment about the changes

Ok you are wrong :D I didnt comment because I dont really give a monkeys about VIP lounges and medals. I was not aware that there had been any trouble and posts removed etc

I only asked "whats happening" on my return from Greece because I could see adverts and couldnt see all the forums, I thought I would let everyone know there appeared to be a problem with my account, however I didnt make a donation to admin for any reward (medals, extra forums, brownie points etc) it was merely to help admin fund the site.

George

Hi Graham

Can only see old threads about meetings at Hayfield is there a new thread about an Hayfield meet? if there I cant see it...

George

Everyone can now post in the news section again.

I will fix the code for the adverts as soon as i get chance. As you can see it is nearly 2.30am on a monday morning.

Adverts are now fixed and dont show to "Site Supporters"

Site Supporters is the new name for the donators group.

I will be adding features just for site supporters and changing some sections like the for sale section so that only site supporters can post.

I will setup a paid subscription to join the site supporters group which is on a 12 monthly basis. Not sure what it will cost yet.

I have moved georgetelford back to the site supporters group, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thats my Wildcamping.co.uk look

The look says, "God I wish these troublesome Wildcampers would take a long walk of a short pier and let me get a good nights sleep"! Am I right?. Thanks again for all your damned hard work and without appearing to grovel.......... I think many of us felt the end of a wonderfull era had come when the site went down. Welcome back and I promise to behave ( well a bit maybe).:rolleyes::(:)

Site Supporters is the new name for the donators group.

I will be adding features just for site supporters and changing some sections like the for sale section so that only site supporters can post.

I will setup a paid subscription to join the site supporters group which is on a 12 monthly basis. Not sure what it will cost yet.

Not too sure about that - sounds like it might go the way of MHF...

AndyC

Subs

Let's face it MHFacts is only a tenner (correct me if I'm wrong) and it is a useful site. In the case of WildCamping I'd see it as security for the wild camping ethic as well as support for the site.

If that's your wild camping look then I'd say your safe enough wild camping :D

Thanks for changing my user name by the way.

Jon

Thought about changing my avatar to a smart headshot of myself:rolleyes:, as it seems to be the in thing at the moment;), however I don't think it would be right as I'm the double of Tresrikays avatar:eek::D:D

Good to see the humour surfacing again:p

I have moved georgetelford back to the site supporters group, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks and No Problem:cool:

Thought about changing my avatar to a smart headshot of myself:rolleyes:, as it seems to be the in thing at the moment;), however I don't think it would be right as I'm the double of Tresrikays avatar:eek::D:D

Good to see the humour surfacing again:p

Well I'm using the picture I took of you when you sneaked back from the pub at the last Hayfield meet:D thought you wouldn't mind;) No wonder Jack took a shine to his uncle Rik:rolleyes:

Second class citizen

If anyone has a American Rv, then it is the site for you, but if not and you have a European M/H then you might just be a second class citizen:eek::D
Like I have said, all of these web sites are horses for courses and they all have something to offer to different people:cool:

How very strange ............ I don't feel like a second class citizen on MHFun. Hang on a minute ........................... nope just wind, I feel fine. Funnily enough I don't on here either. :D

do we realy need 2 parts to the site ?

or will it end up 2 seperate sites ?
change is not always an improvement
i only joined this site as it was free!
there aint much for free nowadays
i do not think paying to add comments or information is the right way forward
and it is not going to atract new members
i look at the other motorhome forums for information only
i hope things here stay roughly the same
i have comunicated with some nice people here and would like to carry on doing so
if i have got my understanding of the impending changes wrong please let me know
cheers terry

or will it end up 2 seperate sites ?
change is not always an improvement
i only joined this site as it was free!
there aint much for free nowadays
i do not think paying to add comments or information is the right way forward
and it is not going to atract new members
i look at the other motorhome forums for information only
i hope things here stay roughly the same
i have comunicated with some nice people here and would like to carry on doing so
if i have got my understanding of the impending changes wrong please let me know
cheers terry

I should wait until I announce the changes before you start making comments on them.

The forum and community area will always be free as will the wildcamping database. On extra features of the site and the for sale section will be for site supporters.

The site is free for everyone accept for me, it costs me thousands a year. This I why I was happy when people donated to help cover costs.

thanks

this is the answer i was looking for
i just wanted to make sure i full understood the possible changes
there has been lots of comments regarding change i felt i had to add my
opinion
no disrespect to your self i do apreciate your efforts as i am sure many do
one other thing i personaly do not see adverts as a problem
i view the posts and adverts no matter how many there is are of no concern
so to assist your income have as many as you want they dont distract
from the content of the forum
cheers terry

Well, I joined this site because I liked the free and easy
attitude of the members and the admin.
When non compulsory donations were introduced,
I saw no problem with this.
I, for one seek no special privileges
or preferential treatment for donating.
If admin wishes to thank donators,
then that's his business after all it is his site
But lets be clear about one thing
by enjoying the site completely free of charge,
no member is being barred from any part of the existing site
If admin introduces new bits as a way of saying thanks to donators
then I would say thank you, but if it causes consternation,
then, its not really necessary.
keep up the good work admin
and please return the donations button
Please don't lynch me for this post
Im only trying to mediate here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back