ADAC BREAKDOWN

carol

Well, I broke down in Spain and phoned ADAC. I got a recorded message and then it just rang.

The numbers I used were 004985159032540
And 00498976766632

are these correct? I had to resort to using breakdown from my Nationwide account and at least they initially spoke English. I don’t know if there’ll be a difference in the service but I’d like to able to access the ADAC service I pay for. Any advice gratefully received but no negativity please, I’m feeling rather fragile ... on the plus side, my van still has a roof! 😄

The numbers are in this thread

I've no idea what those numbers are that you tried.

As Tezza says the number to try first is the ADAC offices in Spain:

0034 935082828 as per the referenced thread.

Or failing that call ADAC in Germany using the number on your membership card:

0049 89 22 22 22

Our ADAC expires in April and I’m considering changing because of the B word and the possibilities for life becoming more complicated. That said we had cause to use ADAC after a blowout and wound up ringing the number on the membership card and talking to an operator in Germany. I did try using the app but made a mistake in putting Hobby in the make/model field. If anyone uses the app just be aware that the base vehicle make goes in this field. I know because when I changed it to Fiat it went of perfectly and I had confirmatory texts etc as expected.

First time I’ve used the service and we were rolling again within the hour.

Cheers

H

Our ADAC expires in April and I’m considering changing because of the B word and the possibilities for life becoming more complicated. That said we had cause to use ADAC after a blowout and wound up ringing the number on the membership card and talking to an operator in Germany. I did try using the app but made a mistake in putting Hobby in the make/model field. If anyone uses the app just be aware that the base vehicle make goes in this field. I know because when I changed it to Fiat it went of perfectly and I had confirmatory texts etc as expected.

First time I’ve used the service and we were rolling again within the hour.

Cheers

H

Don't forget, if you cancel your membership you won't be allowed to rejoin.

They cancelled us as we used them! So they seem to be a one time use! And be warned they have a €300 low loader limit ... we had to pay the balance of €200 direct to the driver. Also they limit you to 4 month overseas trips. So not all they are cracked up to be.

Sorry that I couldn't do more than post a link to a previous post but I am at the hospital, hoping to get out today but I think they like me here too much 😈
I hope you are sorted now Carol
Hi Terry, hope you’re ok. I’m holed up in a 4 star hotel for the second night, still awaiting news on the van. The good news though, this time it’s still got a roof! 😂

I've no idea what those numbers are that you tried.

As Tezza says the number to try first is the ADAC offices in Spain:

0034 935082828 as per the referenced thread.

Or failing that call ADAC in Germany using the number on your membership card:

0049 89 22 22 22
Omg, can’t believe I’ve got it so wrong! Very unprofessional. I’ll update immediately. Thanks.

Have they given you an electric hook up ? :)
Fluid top up and MOT, they did let me charge the phone though:unsure:
Hi Terry, hope you’re ok. I’m holed up in a 4 star hotel for the second night, still awaiting news on the van. The good news though, this time it’s still got a roof! 😂
I am OK thanks, the Head Injury Clinic keep doing a lot of tests but I have to stay in overnight, 4 times in 3 weeks so we are getting fed up o_O
Keep us informed please Carol and I promise not to think of you topless again :sneaky:

Fluid top up and MOT, they did let me charge the phone though:unsure:
I am OK thanks, the Head Injury Clinic keep doing a lot of tests but I have to stay in overnight, 4 times in 3 weeks so we are getting fed up o_O
Keep us informed please Carol and I promise not to think of you topless again :sneaky:
Oh, Terry, thanks for the chuckle - that van is the gift that keeps on giving! Still no news - I’ve phoned them and they can’t get hold of the garage! So, which is preferable ... a ridiculously massive bill or repatriation? When’s Christmas? Sorry to hear about your problems, much greater than mine. Xx

Sorry to read this and hope all sorted soon But who decides repatriation or local repair is it our choice ?
I’ve no idea. Or if they’ll contact me before going ahead with a costly repair which obviously they’d rather do as they pay for repatriation. When I had my accident in Rouen everyone wanted to write the van off rather than repatriate.

I’ve no idea. Or if they’ll contact me before going ahead with a costly repair
I think you need to contact the garage as they maybe waiting to see you before doing anything if its obvious whats the problem make sure you get the quote in writing but in some instances they may need to do some work to find the fault

Are you getting Nationwide assistance? or ADAC, as I see they have a repatriation limited to 300euro , which I doubt would get you near your home.
We know the roof's NOT broken :giggle: (y),but what has?

Are you getting Nationwide assistance? or ADAC, as I see they have a repatriation limited to 300euro , which I doubt would get you near your home.
We know the roof's NOT broken :giggle: (y),but what has?
Who has that limit? As you said, that wouldn’t get anyone anywhere so pointless! No idea what’s wrong, the Europe assist kept saying they couldn’t get a response from the garage.

Fingers crossed for you Carol .

Is there any chance that you could claim off the Nationwide policy to cover anything above the ACSI Limit..?
You really should have a look at Safeguard, when renewing.
We were serial breakdowners and they were always wonderful.
Best of luck,
Us

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back